Client not installing

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Darius

Client not installing

Post by Darius » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:02 pm

Hello Everybody,

I am new to Flynet. I am registered with South African Virtual as SAA119.
I have never flew for this VA though. I have downloaded the client from this website, but when I install it, I get an error message. I am not sure if I am doing it right.

I am clicking on flynet.exe, but then I get the fllowing message: "This application has failed to start because LIBMYSQL.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
I have downloaded the application again and again, but it doesn't work.

Will someone please give some advise? I am very excited to start flying!
Last edited by Darius on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:04 pm

ok did u put it on ur desk top?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

tjbaughn
Captain

Post by tjbaughn » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:20 pm

The file “LIBMYSQL.dll “ is in the download for the client. The way I do things are not the best I bet but it works fine for me. You may try to re download the client and just unzip the zip file to your desktop. It should create a folder on your desk top called FlyNet. In this folder you should see the “LIBMYSQL.dll “ file. I am thinking it was a bad download with this file missing.

Hope this helps and may you have Blue Skies!
ImageImage

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:37 pm

when i first downloaded it, it downloaded ok, but i just moved the client to the desktop... but then it didnt work. so i unzipped the whole thing to the desk top, but it didnt make a folder. there are like 3 other files that comes with it. i have them all off to the side, but it works now... i think that the actual client client link has to be with those other three files...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Darius

Post by Darius » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:53 pm

Thank you very very much guys! I will let you know if it is working.

Regards

Darius

Post by Darius » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:50 pm

Hello again

I am now able to fly for my VA. Now just a question on refeuling... When I start a new flight, I load the aircraft with the needed feul. Then I press the compare button. Is there any way I could use the feul that was not used in the previous flight? How can I do this?

Regards
Darius

Darius

Post by Darius » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:50 pm

Hello again

I am now able to fly for my VA. Now just a question on refeuling... When I start a new flight, I load the aircraft with the needed feul. Then I press the compare button. Is there any way I could use the feul that was not used in the previous flight? How can I do this?

Regards
Darius

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:50 pm

I think the client won't memorize the data from the previous flight.
So, you have to write it down and fill your tanks with the remaining amount.
I also think, if you save the flight, it will come with the remaining fuel so once you click on compare you might be OK.
IMHO anyway, the best option is using "detailed" refuel option.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:00 pm

I always use the standard method because it remembers what fuel you have left over from previous flight.
Yours Stan

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:31 pm

i use the detailed, because it shows how much is in each tank and how much each tank can hold.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:32 pm

Hi,

When you use 'Compare' for fuel loading, the client will compare what fuel was left in the aircraft from last flight and what you have loaded in the tanks and will charge you just for the 'refuel'. You do not lose any fuel left in the aircraft from previous flights. There may be some complex payware aircraft where this does not always work so you will need check the figures to confirm that it has charged accordingly. If you find it doesn't work then using Standard or Detailed will have to be used. Detailed is the better alternative than Standard as it gives you control over where the fuel goes. Think of Compare as an automatic Detailed. If you go to the trouble of loading the fuel in the sim, then it's just as easy to load it using the Detailed method.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage