Student rights

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Kimis

Student rights

Post by Kimis » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:16 pm

Not sure that this is a bug. Maybe it is programmed such way.
I think Student shouldn't have right to book scheduled flights. He should have posibility to book only training flights.
Otherwise I don't see any difference between Student and Pilot.
Studen can book Scheduled flights at this moment and I had to move all flights from one a/c type to another and to leave only training flights on first one.

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:46 pm

What about the airlines which don't have training flights?
And how do we know if the applicant is really new to flying or just an airliner captain who newly discovered the flynet.
Maybe it is better get rid of "student" rank ;)

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:56 pm

if you trust newbie - just give Pilot rank immediately to him and thats all.
But I'll never trust to any unknown person.

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:14 pm

Actually my VA is a one man show (I prefer that way) but yes, I trust anyone as this is only a game ;).
Anyway, solution for your problem is easy. Just give type rating to the student only for the a/c used for training.
Cheers,

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:49 pm

yeh, lets say Cesna 172.
But the he has to fly B744. How could I know, that he is able to handle that?

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:57 pm

As far as I'm aware, Students shouldn't be able to book anything other than Training Flights.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:13 pm

Well, I don't see any reason why students should be able to book a flight. They just didn't get any Rank but apart from that they are normal pilots. You can still control what they are allowed to fly by using typeratings.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

UKD192

Post by UKD192 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:34 am

Konny wrote:Well, I don't see any reason why students should be able to book a flight. They just didn't get any Rank but apart from that they are normal pilots. You can still control what they are allowed to fly by using typeratings.
In that case why have a student rating, if they are exactly the same as a regular pilot ?
Or to put it another way, - what can a regular pilot do, that a student cannot ? :wink:

Cheers now
Rob

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:24 am

I tried this as an experiment, created a new pilot, joined an airline. The pilot could not book any flights, but I also could not find a way for the pilot to cancel the application.
Last edited by joefremont on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:38 am

I insist on removing right to book scheduled flight for student.
Just because of that - http://flynet.turksim.org/index.php5?st ... ed&va=2108
Each second flight ends with crash.
I was forced to remove all our B737-400 fleet from service while this bird returns quite good revenue.
just to avoid mistake during booking.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:02 pm

i dont know why if ur gonna have training flight, why u would do them with a 172. you should have the training flights for the aircraft. so have one for the 737, he he crashes that then he cant fly it,etc...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:21 pm

Konny, I do agree with these guys. The point of having a "student" rating is that they are training for a new airplane thus they should not be able to book normal scheduled flights, only the training flights. That was the reason for getting training flights.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:52 pm

Hi,

At the moment when you get an applicant, he applies as 'student' and as soon as you accept he becomes 'pilot' which allows all flights for which he is Type Rated on. I agree that when you accept applicant the CEO should be able to restrict flight access so that he is only able to book training flights until CEO or designate decides he can fly scheduled. Not sure how you would implement this but taking things one step further you could have a Type Rating U/T (under training) endorsement for any aircraft. Even when one of your existing pilots wants new type rating he could still crash, so you can give him the TR(U/T) which restricts him to training flights only on that type. When you are ready to let him fly scheduled flights you take the 'U/T' endorsement off.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:56 pm

Quantum wrote:At the moment when you get an applicant, he applies as 'student' and as soon as you accept he becomes 'pilot'
This is how it used to be, but with the new custom ranks the website can't now which of the va's ranks is the usual pilot rank so at the moment the new pilot stays 'student' until he is assigned something else. So there currently is no difference between a pilot (with no rights) or a student. But it wouldn't be hard to restrict the flights a student can do to training flights.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:57 pm

I agree with Quantum that we should be able to give a training rating so a pilot can checkout on an aircraft type before they are allowed to fly revenue flights. Currently with PSV I have gotten a few cargo aircraft of the similar types to what we fly specifically for the training programs.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.