where the hell did I landed ?

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:17 pm

Good point Chris

I was about to ask about heliports - so If i build a heliport onto of say Haleakakla it has to have 15-20 feet ontop of the
normal afcad helipad? - if thats the case thats going to be a tad difficult for those considering helipad operations onto
say oil rigs

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:53 pm

Hi Chris,

Glad you mentioned that, I'll remember to give a 10 feet runway length to the oil platforms I'll be adding to the database.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:40 pm

Leif, I don't think you need to do anything within FS since the client works only off a fixed distance from the geographic location given for the airport. Within the FlyNET database when adding a heliport, just put the size of the helipad (whatever size the square/circle may be) into the runway field. This way, when Konny starts automatically removing any airport that doesn't have a runway length in the runway field, the heliport won't get deleted. If the heliport has multiple helipads, just treat them like different runways (i.e. 20 + 20 + 30). That way someone knows that there are 3 helipads at the heliport. I don't think there's a need to declare the helipads at airports with full-sized runways though (like Baton Rouge, LA or one of the multiple airports in Scotland the serve the North Sea), only dedicated heliports that do not have a declared runway.