Vista and FlyNET client

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Tekin

Vista and FlyNET client

Post by Tekin » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:54 pm

When I start FlyNET client from an unzipped folder the client stops responding while I am landing.
When I start FlyNET client from an unzipped folder with the compatibility mode on Windows XPSP2, the client again stops respoding while I am landing.
When I start FlyNET client from a zipped archive, the client stops respoding while I am doing my approach.

Wha'do I do now? :D

Thanks in advance!

Tekin

Post by Tekin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:47 am

Anyone? :?: :(

Airboatr

Post by Airboatr » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:51 am

i have Vista on my laptop but i wouldn't run games on it.
wish i could help

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:24 pm

If your tracker is on try turning it off.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Tekin

Post by Tekin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:25 pm

I closed the tracker, but when I look at the Flight Monitoring thingy, the position of my aircraft is always up to date. Therefore, the tracker is still on :?

Will report when I finish my flight.

Ionathan
Captain

Re: Vista and FlyNET client

Post by Ionathan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:29 pm

Tekin wrote:When I start FlyNET client from an unzipped folder the client stops responding while I am landing.
When I start FlyNET client from an unzipped folder with the compatibility mode on Windows XPSP2, the client again stops respoding while I am landing.
When I start FlyNET client from a zipped archive, the client stops respoding while I am doing my approach.

Wha'do I do now? :D

Thanks in advance!

Hmm, replace Vista with XP? Ok, I was joking. I am afraid I can't help but I have heard stories about similar cases (not only the FlyNet client) with Vista.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Tekin

Post by Tekin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:46 pm

OK!, with the Tracker off, it worked.

But in my flight report it says, FUEL COSTS: 0v$. I've selected the COMPARE method and there was already some fuel left in the aircraft. Is that why it says fuel costs zero v$?

[EDIT: Another problem, I selected the multiplier as x500 but it only multiplies with 400 :? why's that?]

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:52 pm

FlyNet picks the multiplier based on your VA's value (how big it is) starting with x1000 (I think) as a begginer and is gradually decreased to x200. This is actualyl the maximum multiplier. The option you mention allows you to choose a lower multiplier (if you want) than the maximum allowed based on your VA's size (dynamic).
Obviously the maximum allowed for your VA is now 400. Any attempt to set it higher than that is ignored by FlyNet.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:01 pm

good to hear that it's working now. I programmed this client on a Vista 64 Bit pc, so it should work :)

cheers
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming