Bug with compare fuel method perhaps?

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Bug with compare fuel method perhaps?

Post by Miikoyan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:25 am

http://flynet.turksim.org/index.php5?st ... 775&p=4583

it speaks for itself...i didnt cheat but i did use compare fuel method (the first time I used this method)....and then it tells me that I didnt use any fuel at all?

For the admins..I didnt cheat...but it would be unfair for this to go unpaneltized...so if you want take 100 mil off my account....because thats how much fuel would have cost.

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:39 am

Im sorry...forgot the fact that I was using a modified concorde for that flight with a great fuel economy (I asked Konny, and I didnt get a reply yet..so I am just suspecting that I am allowed....)...and that I had many fuel remaining on my tank....I am sorry....

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:09 am

No, you are not allowed to modify the fuel economy of an aircraft to an unrealistic level. If you are getting great fuel economy with a Concorde, then there is an issue. We do watch these things, so it's not a good idea to be broadcasting that you're messing with things that we've said are off-limits already. If Konny hasn't replied, then assume the answer is no until you hear otherwise.

Also, the flight you link to does not have your name and is for a B747-400, not Concorde. If you are not flying the aircraft scheduled, then that is cheating as is flying under a name other than your own.

I would tread very carefully from here on out.

Airboatr

Post by Airboatr » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:50 am

well there goes the no news is good news theory............

Sjef Gielen

Post by Sjef Gielen » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:08 am

And what would be unrealistic fuel burn.
I've seen 747-400 flights for over 20 hours with a fuelburn less than 9000 kg per hour, now I don't know if that's possible, only thing I know is that I can't get that kind of economic fuelburn in my PMDG 744, I can NOT fly for over 20 hrs in my 744 or fly a distance well beyond 9000 NM :shock: Mine has a range of 7700Nm.

Airboatr

Post by Airboatr » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:17 am

ohhh you know Sjef
they just had a good tailwind..........

Sjef Gielen

Post by Sjef Gielen » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:51 pm

:D Hmm that's some luck I never have... :?

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:42 pm

Nop, don't blame those people for cheating because they don't no matter how unrealistic it sounds. The default B744 has such low fuel burn when flown at specific altitude and specific speed. Those people just use a default aircraft as it was provided by Microsoft and flown it as it is officially defined (by Boeing) as economy flying, in terms of altitude/speed). Can we prohibit the usage of the default B744 or accuse them for cheating? I don't think so.
It may turn to be a problem in the community, I know, but what can we do?

If anyone agrues on this, I can provide specific details on how to fly it and have not a less than 9000 lbs/hour but less than 8000 after a couple of hours of flying. Note, I said "Lbs" not even "Kgs". Lbs is what the default B744 panel displays.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:24 pm

Okay, the flight is the one he flew.

Here are the problems -

1) The flight was for a 747-400. He flew a CONCORDE, not a 747-400.

2) The flight was a 4 hour flight in a 747-400 done in less than 2 hours.

3) He made a $100 million profit on an airplane that in any semi-realistic sense would not be able to make much of a profit under the current ticketing structure.

I've had a private chat with him over the issues, but let this be a warning to everyone - don't mess with the fuel scalars. It is obvious when you do and when you do, the flights will get deleted. It's not an item up for discussion.

And again, the default 747-400's fuel flow IS off, but it's not off that much. The only time it has any REAL advantage over the realistically modelled 747-400s is when you fly it beyond the actual range of the 747-400. Below that, the gain isn't all that great.

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:44 pm

No arguements about the specific flight Chris. As for the default B744, check your PM.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:46 pm

what this about it wasnt his name?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:38 am

No offence if what I say sounds offensive...

to CAPFlyer: I don't remember where, but I do remember reading from a post here at FlyNET Forum that you do not need to fly the aircraft your schedule states;

My friend re-edited my Concorde file, and warning received, I will use the Posky 744 I have for this flight from now on.

Flightsimer: if you look at who flew the flight, it will state Brutii Caesar, and CAPFlyer knew me as Mike Miikoyan...and we clarified that over the pm system.

Now, can any admin delete this, since this matter is solved?