locations...

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

locations...

Post by flightsimer » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:16 am

does the client ever confuse airports that are extremely close to each other?

i just did a flight from kden to panc, and when i came up to the gate and set the brakes it came up saying at wronge airport...
im sitting right at the gate at panc, but there is a very close airport, and it just so happens that im probably at the gate that is closest to that airport. so im thinking thats what happened, because im actually at the right airport.
it shows me at lake hood sea plane base in a 737-800, but im at panc. by looking at the gps, im probably within 2000ft of lake hood but at a gate at panc. so is there a way to get this flight changed, or at least so its not a loss for me?
http://flynet.turksim.org/index.php5?st ... 711&p=4631
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:32 am

PANC is notorous for that.The best way to overcome it is to look at the Afcad for the airport and see where the red dot for the airport is.That is the red star type dot that when you click on and select properties gives the airport position ,Then whenever you fly there try and park right on top of the dot.even if its on the grass.
Yours Stan

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:48 am

well most of the times, i will stop the flight on the runway then taxi in. i have had that problem with other sites before so thats why i normally do that, but this was my inaugural flight so i was taking pics, coming in the gate, so i didnt stop the flight....
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:09 pm

...and if you consider FS Passengers you will really be angry. It considers "wrong airport" even Shiphol and Heathrow...
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Sjef Gielen

Post by Sjef Gielen » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:16 pm

Hmmm, I'm allways using fspax and never had a problem at schiphol at all. Except when I tried NL2000, after installing that all the flight in and from EHAM we're disasters.

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:55 pm

Well, I don't know why but whenever I land in EHAM or EGLL, using FSPax, I get this "Wrong Airport" message. I use the default scenery. I had no problem with LGAV, although I have a third party addon. I have heard simialr problems with YMML. Anyway, I ended up with leaving the destination field empty, unless I know the problem does not occur in the specific destination.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:00 pm

heathrow, always gets mixed up with the airport right beside it, the best thing to do is to go on the oposite side the airport. I always get that with the other side i fly at.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:54 am

I guess you are right. What I don't know is either, what it counts, is where you touchdown or where you eventually set the parking brakes on. I guess it is the second.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:18 am

I guess if you (like Pan Am and SwissAir) can mistake Northolt for Heathrow - then you deserve to take the penalty - they are close but NOT similar :lol:

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:23 pm

it normally where u set teh brake, not where the wheels touch ground.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:02 am

damn this panc. it did it again.... GRRRRR. i wish there was a way for the clients not to do that. this time it costed me 19mil.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi,

i've edited my original info as it was aload of codswallop as I'd looked at the degrees decimal instead of the degrees minutes. the flyNET database has correct info. You need to issue a NOTAM to your pilots advising them of 'safe' parking loacations at PANC.

Here is a diagram outlining the problem. If you draw a straight line between the designated lat/long locations of PANC and PALH and then bisect it you can see the safe/non-safe areas for each airport. If you are trying to start/end a flight at PANC then keep to the green areas. This is just a guide for you, keep well away from the boundary line between the two to be on the safe side.

Rgds

John
Last edited by Quantum on Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:11 pm

but the thing was i was on the runway still, since then i stop the flight on the runway to keep that from happening...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

skybound

Post by skybound » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:15 pm

Here is an easy fix: I moved the designated locator for Lake Hood (LHD) over to the east, so that it is now a short distance away from PANC. The runways aren't moved, just the dot for Lake Hood in the picture above.

I packaged it in a zip file and you can download it here: http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43fd8febm2 ... HBc58zdU.0

Install it to a scenery folder in your Addon Sceneries folder, then activate the folder in FS.

Please let me know if the link above doesn't work.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:30 pm

Hi Renato,

I don't think your 'fix' will work. All the airports in the database have a designated latitude and longitude. When you end your flight, the client compares your lat/lon in FS to the closest airport in the database. There's also the other small airstrip that is also within the boundaries of PANC.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage