locations...

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

skybound

Post by skybound » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:33 pm

It works. I had the same problem at EHAM when I used to fly for another VA years ago,; once in a while I'd park on a certain part of the airport and it would log my flight as if I had parked on a heliport. So I opened up that heliport's AFCAD and moved the center designator, which is that pink dot you see in AFCAD. After that I had no more problems. What tells FS where the lat/long of an airport is at is that pink dot, and you can pretty much put it anywhere without messing up the runways.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Hi,

I understand what you are saying and agree that the dot you see is the designated lat/lon for the airport in Flight Sim. The dot also appears in FSNav. The problem is, all the airport lat/lons are stored in the FlyNET database. Your scenery file on it's own will not work with FlyNET as the client compares your aircrafts current lat/lon with the database of airport lat/lons and will declare you having landed at the nearest airport. You could move the designated PALH lat/lon half way round the world with an afcad scenery file and it won't matter as FlyNET doesn't look at your scenery file, just your current lat/lon and the FlyNET database

The only way to fix the problem is to change the lat/lon values in the FlyNET database or even delete troublesome airstrips as long as no-one serves them. Looking at PALH, the only aircraft there is the DC3 that landed 'at the wrong airport', and there are no flights in or out. If enough of you VA's that use PANC petition the admins, they may remove PALH until someone wants to offer flights in/out, in which case the situation could be reviewed. Until that time, removing it may be the best solution but be prepared to modify your ops if it gets re-instated.

Rgds
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

skybound

Post by skybound » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:32 pm

Well, then, it's a client problem. The other VA I used to fly with had their client read the FSUIPC code that told you what airport you are at, which was influenced by that little pink dot on the AFCAD diagram. Sorry, I was just trying to help from previous experience with the same problem on a different client.