Elevation: 14 feet / 4 m
ICAO code changed from WRRR to WADD in 2004
--

Cheers
R

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:46 pm

If you have an edit, please submit it via the proper form from the airport's link. It's at the top of the airport information page and says - "Edit Airport Data". We have it there for that exact reason. We have a lot of work to do as it is, please don't ask us to go in and make edits too when you can do it yourself.

Also, no changes in ICAO will be approved UNLESS there is a freely available and widely used addon scenery that causes the ICAO to be changed within Flight Sim. WRRR is still the airport of record listed in FS9, thus WRRR will be the airport in the FlyNET database. I understand that it's changed in FSX, but since the majority of our users still use FS9, I think we are better not to use WADD yet.

UKD192

Post by UKD192 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:59 pm

The reason I posted Chris, is due to the fact that one of out pilots flew there, and it showed him landing at the RIGHT AIRPORT and was deducted V$3,000,000 for landing at the WRONG airport. So I think we need to have one or the other, not both.
Shall I submit an edit for the deletion of WADD ?

Cheers

Rob
[edit also Aruba, TNCA is an 'International' Airport not a Regional. unable to put that description in the edit screen.]

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:49 am

I had a similar Wrong airport penalty when i did my first flight to KL.I had just installed ProjectKLIA scenery and it seems that two exclude files included in the scenery were the cause of the problem.They actually made programs like Flynet think i was somewhere else.I found them when i used "ScanAfcad" checking for duplicate entries.So i deleted them and have had no problem since.Another thing was that when i looked at WMKK on the MSFS world map it showed the other airport in red as being in the same location as WMKK when it was actually about forty miles away from that position.
Yours Stan

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:17 am

well "if the magority still use fs9", then couldnt both be shown? it would be alot easier
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:47 am

well "if the magority still use fs9", then couldnt both be shown? it would be alot easier
No, because the database won't be able to figure out who landed at which airport. As such, I have removed the WADD entry from the database. The system looks at LOCATION, not ICAO to determine if the plane landed at the right airport, but ICAO is important for a pilot to be able to determine where to start FS and it's hard to find an airport in FS when the ICAO doesn't exist in that version.
Last edited by CAPFlyer on Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:55 am

UKD192 wrote:[edit also Aruba, TNCA is an 'International' Airport not a Regional. unable to put that description in the edit screen.]
Please reference the thread on ticket fares in the "New Ideas" forum. We are still working on this feature and at this time it has no bearing on actual operations. We are looking to revise the system somewhat, but it will most likely be 100% automated in its operation. The classification of airport gives one an idea of how many passengers are available, not it's ICAO classification. Several airports listed as "municipal" in the US are actually "international" under ICAO convention because they have US Customs service available on the field although in every other respect they ARE a municipal airport with no airline service and little charter service.