restrictions related to altitude, or QNH, QNE

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:55 am

Kimis wrote:I've been penalised same way, flightsimer, just few minutes ago :)
Just had nice VFR flight from WA to ID over nice valleys of Rocky Mountains. come clifs were closer than 1000 ft and I of cource didn't had landing lights on :)
And I flew not an airliner. it was small Baron 58.

I understand, that it is to difficult for system to recognise was it just an clif of mountain, or that was intention to land.
But maybe system can consider few factors at once, like altitude AGL and MSL and elevation of destination airport, or elevation of airport where pilot has landed after violating 1000AGL rule?
ya i was trying to think of ways that it could be done, the only thing i can think of is sort of like what you said. If the airport is at a certain level, and you get the penalty at a much higher altitude, then somehow write a code so that it wont give u the penalty, or something to that affect.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:18 pm

The problem is getting the program to get airfield information on the destination airfield and remember and compare it without either taking a lot of bandwidth (by basing the processes on the server) or inflating the size (and processor demand) of the client to handle it on your computer. With FS already demanding a lot of resources and those of us who fly online or with a weather client like ActiveSky, care needs to be taken to not over-inflate the client or the bandwidth it uses so that we don't get bogged down by the client. It was a problem with early versions and thankfully now it's not as much of one so you don't have to have a really fast computer to run FS9, AS6.5, FSINN, & FlyNET all at the same time.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:04 pm

well question then...

does the client see the altitude when the penalty occurs? like does it record it?
if so then couldn’t something be written in the site so that when the flight is completed, and if there was a penalty, it could "look" at the altitude at which the penalty occurred, and then "look" at the airport altitude and if they are within 1000ft of the "deck" it would give u the penalty, but if its 1001 ft and up higher from the "deck" then it would ignore the penalty.

Here is an easier way to say that...

ok u get the penalty, the client records it, but then have the site actually "delete" the penalty. so it would take the altitude where the infraction occurred and subtract the airport altitude, so you should get the altitude above the ground, and if its under 1000 then the penalty, stays, but if its more than 1000 ft, then the penalty be deducted, and u get back the 5%. and this would happen right after the flight, so if the altitude penalty is the only penalty u got that flight, then the site would say "100%, perfect flight" from the beginning. and if its possible to do it with the site, then it shouldn’t affect the processor of the client that much, and it i don’t know how much it would affect the site, so you will have to say how much that process would affect it.

now this is just a very basic idea and would need some really detail though put into it
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways