client not working right...

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

client not working right...

Post by flightsimer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:12 pm

i dont know if anybody else is having this problem, or if this is a known problem... but the client is nnot logging flights for me.
i will book the flight... fly it... land... hear the bell... check the logs... go to site and book another flight... go back into client... show booked flight... refuel... fly it... land hear the bell... but when i look back at the client to see wat i made, it shows the income from the tickets and cargo, nothing else. it also shows 0 dollars under the total earned, and other than the tickets/cargo income everything else is at 0. when i go to the site, it still says that the flight is booked and it still shows me at the old airport along with the a/c. the only way i can get it to work , is if i fly the flight... i hear the bell... it logged... but then i have to completely exit out of the client and restart the client. AFTER EVERY FLIGHT, that gets very annoying and time consuming....

any ideas???

im using fsuicp 4.0 somthing, i cant remember the exact version. Im running fsx deluxe. its doing this with all a/c types. that all the info that i can think of that someone might think of that could be a problem, so i was justing going to say it now.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:55 pm

You have to close the client after each flight.it has always acted in this way.Sometime in the future it may be made poss to leave the client running ,but it has not been done yet
Yours Stan

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:06 pm

that makes no sence to me why that would be like that??? can someone explain why?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:19 pm

that is because of a mistake I made when programming the client. When you start the client it initiates some variables regarding the pilot and the flight by receiving them from the database. If you don't close the client and start it again these values won't change and therefore the client gets a bit confused and you'll only get rubbish out of the next flight (in simple words ;-) ). It wouldn't be to hard to fix that but the DaKurt is currently rewriting the client so we can't release a new client at the moment. But be sure that it will be fixed in the next version.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:22 pm

Konny wrote:that is because of a mistake I made when programming the client. When you start the client it initiates some variables regarding the pilot and the flight by receiving them from the database. If you don't close the client and start it again these values won't change and therefore the client gets a bit confused and you'll only get rubbish out of the next flight (in simple words ;-) ). It wouldn't be to hard to fix that but the DaKurt is currently rewriting the client so we can't release a new client at the moment. But be sure that it will be fixed in the next version.
k that simple enought and wat i wanted to hear... it wont be in the new one...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways