Status on secondhand aircraft EZ-IEO

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

SJDobby
Ticket Agent

Status on secondhand aircraft EZ-IEO

Post by SJDobby » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:01 pm

UKDirect bought a 747-400ER (EZ-IEO) this morning (valued at $139m, on sale for $100m) with a status on the list as 99.9%.

On looking at our fleet list its status had dropped to 70.7% (and the maintenance would be a C-check $107m). As a check, I put it back on the market and, sure enough, on the trading list it showed up as 99.9% status. Removing it from the list again the status in my fleet list was still 70.7%. (just to make sure I wasn't imagining it I repeated the process with the same result)

I have to say, I wouldn't have bought it if I'd known the "real" status was as low as 70.7% (given the huge maintenance bill we would incur) - can someone "in admin" let me know just what the real status is and what options I have with regard to either cancelling the purchase (if the real status is the lower figure) or making the aircraft in my fleet list show the real status (if the real status is 99.9%).

EDIT: Checked that the status problem also exists if I try and lease the aircraft (appears on list as 99.9%).

Cheers
Simon
FSA Director, UK Direct Airways
http://www.planecrazy.me.uk/UKD/