client and FSX

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Tomb
Flight Attendant

client and FSX

Post by Tomb » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:47 pm

client works fine with FS9 but reports FS not running if i use FSX, am i missing something here ? any suggestions ?

Wolfar100
Chief Pilot

Post by Wolfar100 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:45 pm

You need to install this for FSX as well. It requires the FSX version.

The Client communicates with the FS using FSUIPC, so you need to have it installed, too: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html
You don't need to buy FSUIPC, our key will be automatically sent to FSUIPC on Client startup.

You can see the Changelog in the following posts
Wolfar

Wolf AirLines CEO
http://members.cox.net/wolfar/index.htm

20 Year US Navy Retired
Former Squadron CO and founder:
1997~2003
JG2, JG26, Strike Masters

Tomb
Flight Attendant

Post by Tomb » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:42 pm

cheers sorted it just after posting, we did a 2 up in the cockpit for a flight, damm it was hairy hee hee think we might have a work round so both can log the time will try tommorow

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:51 pm

Don't try it. I'm not going to be any more clear than that.

Anything that attempts to bypass the normal operation of FlyNET is CHEATING. We have on the list of "to do" items to allow for 2-pilot operation, but it is not implimented yet, so doing anything more than having 2 men in the cockpit with only 1 using the FlyNET client will be considered cheating.

Tomb
Flight Attendant

Post by Tomb » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:37 pm

cheating how exactly, since only one flight is logged and only the "captain result" counts

you can actually get one pilot flying multple flynet aircraft for a multiple result, now that is cheating

what i have in mind to try will give one result but both crew get thier hours logged

for the FSX 737 we actually needed 2 crew since it was an ILS approach and you cant see ahead unless in virtual cockpit and then cant see the instruments which you need to see down the approach, it quite obvious what we did, one flew the final part in out the window mode for the flare and one flew on instruments for the ILS
and made the call outs

who knows we might try formation flights with our own busy jet ATC next, that could hurt if one taxis in to another, instant 40% penalty, ouch

sp762
FSAirlines Support

Post by sp762 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:58 pm

I think that's entirely reasonable - as long as the airline only earns the money for a single flight.

It might be better to say that any attempt to bypass the normal operation of flynewt for 'commercial' gain is cheating.

Cheers
Mike Wilson

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:11 pm

Your original post said -
think we might have a work round so both can log the time will try tommorow
That implies that you will be doing something that will record 2 pilots completing the same flight in the FlyNET database when only 1 is really completed. If all you are going to do is use the FSX shared cockpit feature, then there is no issue. But if you're going to do anything that attempts to record in the FlyNET database that 2 pilots completed the same flight, that is cheating as the system does not support 2-crew operation of a flight at this time.

MMattyK
Captain

communication problems

Post by MMattyK » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:28 pm

Phew...
I thought this thread was going to get out of hand, but we all know how difficult it can be getting your thoughts across in the way you intend... what you say and what you mean are perfectly obvious to you, but those receiving the infomation may miscontrue what you said to mean something entirely different!
We all know it happens, and I'm sure we have been in similar situations.

Tomb
Flight Attendant

Post by Tomb » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:02 pm

yup it can be done as flynet currently exists but in doing so an oportunity for abuse exists since the intent is to have profit from only one flight however in making it work i also realise one pilot can actually make profit from multiple flights at the same time using multiple aircraft.

flynet cant stop people cheating, like any online world its down to the community to be what they want to be.

in our case we would like both pilots to get thier hours for the same flight but only one flight counts for the airlines bottom line. i think it can be done in flynet right now, a test flight will will prove the case.

in busy jet we are way beyond the money or any other stat since we have already most of it

nope its purely for the interest of that authetic airline flight crew experiance with what we have available to us and FSX may well open that door a little wider in the flynet world

SnakeBite
Ticket Agent

Post by SnakeBite » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:52 pm

Yeah.. Well making two profits could be considered cheating while two pilots sharing the cockpit..

However, I'm not so worried about the money, but instead im worried about the hours I log while sharing the cockpit with somebody..

Obviously, you are gaining more experience flying with another human Pilot, sharing your pit and mistakes.. It would be fair to log flight hours, and getting a normal profit for one jet as it is..