Server Isssues

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

FsNovice

Server Isssues

Post by FsNovice » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:06 pm

Just thought i'd like to bring it to the attention of the Mods and admin that the server hosting www.flynet.en-studios.de keeps going down with error 500. I know konny is away ATM but was wondering if anyone still here is able to get to it and see what the issue is. Thanks. If not, we can cope with it!!!!

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:11 pm

Very reassuring to see your post.I was beginning to think it was just me who was finding things slow going tonight.It has been ok all thru the day till the last two hours or so.
Yours Stan

AK Cargo Pilot

Post by AK Cargo Pilot » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:39 pm

Ya its getting really anoying.

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:08 pm

I have had problem all the time last days. Yesterday it was impossible to connect.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:10 pm

FlyNET need to sort their server out! Transfer to a new one, they're cheap enough these days. There were only 9 people flying earlier and the server seemed to struggle with that. Over the past week the service has been intermittent to say the least. Very annoying! :x
Myrm

"Glöm inte vår Tobias" (In memory of Tobias Enroth 1999-2007)

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:42 pm

i know what you mean.
I don't think we can do anything :(
Sorry guys!

But we'll give konny a shout when he's back
Thanks
Geoff

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:51 pm

My post wasnt designed as a rant, as i fly intermitently and its not normally down for more than 10 minutes at a time, but maybe a long term to this problem needs to saught. Maybe a dedicated server? or greater bandwidth.

It appears we have been a victim of our own sucsess!!!!

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:53 pm

yeah, but until Konny gets back we can't do anything.

I've posted up on the front page some news
Thanks
Geoff

vknierim

Post by vknierim » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:08 am

FsNovice wrote:Maybe a dedicated server? or greater bandwidth.
It appears we have been a victim of our own sucsess!!!!
Hi,

I'm not sure if this will help, but maybe we should turn off the online flight tracking in the FLYnet client for the time being. This might relief the pressure on the server, and all could benefit from this.

I know that no one would be able to see any flights anymore, but I can live with that 'inconvenience' much better than with temporary server downs.

You will have to edit the 'flynet.ini' file, which is located in your WINDOWS root directory.
Change the line:

Code: Select all

Tracker=1
to

Code: Select all

Tracker=0
Greetings

Volker

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:02 pm

Also, please note, we have been looking for new hosting. I have sent Konny several options and he is exploring them. The biggest problem is that our current host gets a lot of traffic to its other sites and it is not a large hosting company, so they don't have a lot of bandwidth. As a result, even though FlyNET may have enough bandwidth available, the entire host may not have enough for the traffic occuring and thus the Error 500 on FlyNET.

As soon as Konny makes a decision, the service will be moved onto new server(s) and things will get better. Right now, Konny and DaKurt have very busy lives with their work and this trip to Australia is really the first opprotunity in over 2 years that either have had any true chance to get away from it all. Hopefully they'll come back with a renewed desire to continue development of FlyNET and we'll see a nice move forward with programming.

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:21 pm

i can assure you, me, Justin and Capflyer will be pressing for the new host when Konny gets back.

Until then, i'm afraid your just going to have to live with it
Thanks
Geoff