AI is killing me!!!

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

avalonceo
Flight Attendant

AI is killing me!!!

Post by avalonceo » Wed May 23, 2007 4:36 pm

Why does microsoft AI refuse to see me? I have been flying nothing smaller than a 767, am I that hard to miss? <sighs> Its to the point where Avalons reputation (which should be in the 100's) Is down to 54! Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make the AI a little bit less blind? Does AI smooth make traffic avoid you? Its happened to me at least 4 times, Im courteous enough to look for traffic....SO SHOULD THEY!! This post is 50% rant and 50% plea for help..... Is there anyway I can liquidate all assets and start over with those assets? Thats right.....im ready to flatten the works <goes off grumbling something about AI>

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Wed May 23, 2007 4:46 pm

Turn off AI. It's the only real solution at busy airports.

avalonceo
Flight Attendant

Post by avalonceo » Wed May 23, 2007 4:53 pm

I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, but alas.....I may

Ernie
Ticket Agent

Post by Ernie » Wed May 23, 2007 5:00 pm

Andrew,

I believe AI Smooth only works on aircrafts in the air, I could be wrong. Are you flying FS2004 or FSX? If you are using FSX I can show you a trick were you'll be able to "see" AI traffic at all times and be able to avoid them to some extent if they are having a hard time avoiding you :wink:

avalonceo
Flight Attendant

Post by avalonceo » Wed May 23, 2007 5:25 pm

Im using FS2004....I think Im just going to start using Vatsim....At least pilots will be aware of you there

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu May 24, 2007 3:11 am

avalonceo wrote:I think Im just going to start using Vatsim....At least pilots will be aware of you there
I applaud you for going to VATSIM (I'm a VATSIM Evangelest myself.... :) ), but don't kid yourself about other pilots being aware of you there. We still get our fair share of idjits (Southern way of saying idiot) on VATSIM who don't seem to care whether you're there or not, but it is definitely better than the default ATC, just wanting to give you fair warning. Also, be well advised, there are some idjit controllers on the network too. We do our best to run them off (the training program usually weeds all but about 0.5% out), but occasionally you'll run into a real hard-butt who will do some wierd stuff like vector you half way across his sector before bringing you back in to land on the runway you were lining up on anyway because "the SOP says that you have to come from that fix" or some such.

It's fun though.

avalonceo
Flight Attendant

Post by avalonceo » Thu May 24, 2007 3:18 am

Just gotta find myself a decent headset and im gonna get started.....I just hope my comp can handle LVL-D, squawk box and fs passengers all at the same time! :P

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu May 24, 2007 3:30 am

If it doesn't like Squawkbox, try FSINN (www.mcdu.com). Most computers run FSINN faster that SB and you don't have to worry about the dreaded paper airplanes. :)

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Thu May 24, 2007 12:13 pm

Although online flying is a better choice it doesn't have as much traffic as in FS AI.
Try also "AI Seperation" for offline flights.
Cheers,

Dave Athay
Ticket Agent

Post by Dave Athay » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:49 am

A long time ago, I just un-checked a box somewhere in the settings that allows crashes with AI aircraft. If they run into me (or I run into them) we just go right through each other.

Until there's a decent ATC system for flight simulator, there's no point in flying with ATC. But I still like to see other airplanes, so I leave them on. If one gets in my way (on a taxiway or something) I just go through it. I also don't wave off landings because someone pulls out on the runway in front of me. In FS, they're just scenery, as far as I'm concerned.

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:45 pm

Dave Athay wrote: Until there's a decent ATC system for flight simulator, there's no point in flying with ATC.
See the above posts for your answer