Arrival Bug

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

BigQ

Arrival Bug

Post by BigQ » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:30 pm

I just want to ask people as Konny knows about this, but has anyone had any problems with FlyNET not registering their arrival? For me, basically since I've leased an aircraft, every 2 flights does not record my landing. Even though I am trying every possibility to make myself get an arrival (i even tried re-taking-off and reland - doesn't work), it doesn't record it.

Has anyone had that problem yet, or is the malediction of Cessna C-FAED with OAS followed me to Kiwaroo?

Also, at about that time too, I switched from the version of the client with the anti-cheat problems to the no anti-cheat, but i did as usual, completely replaced the file...

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:37 pm

This is my problem too. The client apparently crashes at some point.

Do you have a wireless network by any chance, and Zonealarm?

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:17 pm

Not wireless, but I do have zonealarm, and it is turned off everytime i fly....

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:08 pm

I had ZoneAlarm in the past and unistalled it. A lot of problems but I don't know if this is the reason in your case. Are you sure that your internet connection does not fail? If you attempt to send PIREP (apply parking brakes) without being connected teh Client crashes.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:17 pm

I know for a fact that the client has crashed when Im climbing to cruise, my wireless connection is spotty sometimes (but its always on) I always have a good signal, but ive had driver issues before.

I wanted to test some other theories though, Konny, could you make a client that only asks to connect to send the pirep at the end of the flight? I just want to see if it would still crash, because then I would know the problem rests with my Computers Internet connection, and not with the client.

The joys of Beta! I'm astounded about your setup though, continuously amazed by it, and the programming knowledge required. Kudos Konny, Kudos!

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:26 am

Ionathan-
The connection is constantly on, though maybe slow at times because of the other students in the residence downloading shady files. Zone Alarm has not been active since mid-september, it caused too many problems, i just either removed it or made it not start at the beginning of each windows sessions.

So i have no idea what does it...

I like Justin's idea of pirep only at the end. That way maybe you can even run the client offline, and re-connect (for the people running on a pay-per-hour basis. Don't know if that's possible though...

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:07 pm

Currently the client doesn't need a internet connection during flight. It continously tries to connect, but if it can't, it shouldn't crash or end the flight or something. But maybe I'm wrong with that. Have to check it again.

I just need another week ( deadline for my thesis is 27th ) and then I'll be free again :-)
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:05 am

Since getting FS2004, i stopped having problems...

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:18 am

In general having the client running offline during the flight and reconnecting just before applying the parking brakes should not cause any problems. It is something I do quite often having a dial up connection.
BigQ, It might be some incompatibility between FS2002, FSUIPC and the Client since it is ok with FS2004.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:48 am

I still experience crashes, and Im using FS2004. It seems to happen on flights where I use time compression, or talk to the ATC, or cross time zones, or more than 30 minutes. I am trying to narrow it down ;) The fact that it is intermittent drives me crazy!

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:22 am

Couldn't it be a memory problem? It is known that FS causes a memory leakage (allocated memory which is never released until the next reboot) which might cause the problem if running in parallel with another application. If the second application does not handle memory very well, it is almost probable that the system will crash. Now, why it happens to you and not to others... Could be memory size, what applications run, whatever. It could also be a Trojan or a spy in your PC consuming resources until crash. The latest has happened to me in the past.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:28 am

Well, I have McAffee, Adaware, Zonealarm, so I dont think its trojan.viri, however, The memory part could be true, I only have 448mb of memory (512, but PC reads it as 448). I make sure that only FLYNet ad FS2004 is running. I've never had FS2004 crash on me while using FLYNet, its always the client that locks up (itl work up to takeoff, but after that, mostly on longer flights, it doesnt record touchdown, parking brake etc)

It's not time compression realted, i jsut flew CYVR to CYQQ and the client locked up on me. Which sucks because I greased the landing, one of those once in a hundred perfect 60-70 ft/min touchdowns...

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:43 am

cmdrnmartin wrote:Well, I have McAffee, Adaware, Zonealarm, so I dont think its trojan.viri, however, The memory part could be true, I only have 448mb of memory (512, but PC reads it as 448). I make sure that only FLYNet ad FS2004 is running. I've never had FS2004 crash on me while using FLYNet, its always the client that locks up (itl work up to takeoff, but after that, mostly on longer flights, it doesnt record touchdown, parking brake etc)

It's not time compression realted, i jsut flew CYVR to CYQQ and the client locked up on me. Which sucks because I greased the landing, one of those once in a hundred perfect 60-70 ft/min touchdowns...
Yeah, I don't have any firewalls/virus scans, my memory is 256 and it's always the client that crashes, not FS... Edit: Happened again, except this time it didnt register my takeoff! It beep for the taxi (above 10 knts) but not for takeoff, so i alt tabbed, and sure enough, the client was frozen. Stupid gremlins!

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:02 pm

It did it again... and it was a very nice landing too... after a long flight... grrr,,, :cry:

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:39 am

Well, it did it again for the 3rd time in 4 flights...

I wonder now... It hasn't happened with FS9 until my computer had a complete crash last week-end - was watching a movie... since then, I get these problems... I'll try to reinstall FS9 and tell you if that helps...

I think that maybe the client or FSUIPC contains some files that the computer does not like... and crashes on it...