Winshear and Turbulence.

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ssanchez

Winshear and Turbulence.

Post by ssanchez » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:48 pm

How am I supposed to deal with windshear or turbulence?

Whenever I fly real weather I'm unable to do a perfect flight because the turbulence will send me above 250 below 10,000

I believe the client should wait longer to ding you on overspeed.

avalonceo
Flight Attendant

Post by avalonceo » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:40 pm

Use the 1000 feet beetween 11,000 and 10,000 as a buffer zone to get your speed down to around 240, you shouldn't have any problem then. Hope that helps.

Tekin

Post by Tekin » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:24 pm

No, That works on PMDG/PSS aircraft, but not on default aircraft such as POSKY CRJ-900

SnakeBite
Ticket Agent

Post by SnakeBite » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:20 pm

Keep resetting your barometer below 18,000 ft..

avalonceo
Flight Attendant

Post by avalonceo » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:50 pm

Tekin wrote:No, That works on PMDG/PSS aircraft, but not on default aircraft such as POSKY CRJ-900
That will work on ANY aircraft, you just need to fly it by hand

ssanchez

Post by ssanchez » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:06 pm

Let me make myself a bit more clear...

I'm TRYING to hold the plane at 230 in downwind with a 25 mile an hour wind, gusting 35. When I get a gust, the speed races to 251 and I get dinged. If the client would wait for at least 10 seconds, I would be able to get the nose up a bit or the gust would vanish and the plane would decelerate by itself.

And I'm using PMDG's 737s

tall_guy_pete

Post by tall_guy_pete » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:28 pm

Recommendation: With defautl aircraft use the speedbrake and disable your AT, then set your throttles to idel :D

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:14 am

Dumb question

Are you using IAS or TAS?

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

ssanchez

Post by ssanchez » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:13 pm

IAS

vknierim

Post by vknierim » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:15 am

ssanchez wrote:Let me make myself a bit more clear...
I'm TRYING to hold the plane at 230 in downwind with a 25 mile an hour wind, gusting 35. When I get a gust, the speed races to 251 and I get dinged. If the client would wait for at least 10 seconds, I would be able to get the nose up a bit or the gust would vanish and the plane would decelerate by itself.
Hi,

I'm not sure about this, but I do not think the client is this strict. I think it only penalizes you, if your speed is >255-260 kts...

Until something is changed in the client, I suppose you will have to fly even slower to avoid this penality in turbulent weather.

Volker

ssanchez

Post by ssanchez » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:11 pm

Thanks Volker,

The point is that if I get pushed on downwind :roll: by a gusting wind, I should not be penalized.

I'm already decelerating and is extremely frustrating to get dinged because the plane gets shaken by wind. My point is "NOT MY FAULT" (or maybe it is, for using real world weather)

If you are in the US, you might remember last weekend's storms. Tornadoes and winds up to 70mph. That will surely toss your plane around. As I said. I was doing 230, going downwind on a PMDG737 (which is NOT a default plane, just FYI to other postings).

And even if you get pushed to 260, I still believe we should get some oportunity to react.

vknierim

Post by vknierim » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:21 pm

ssanchez wrote: And even if you get pushed to 260, I still believe we should get some oportunity to react.
I ssanchez,

I fully understand your point and support it strongly. It would be a real benefit to have this feature.

Greetings

Volker

tall_guy_pete

Post by tall_guy_pete » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:36 pm

It is the pilots (captains) job to realise this in the first place. I have to disagree. I think it should stay like it is. You have to know these things and composate for them 8)

vknierim

Post by vknierim » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:36 pm

tall_guy_pete wrote:It is the pilots (captains) job to realise this in the first place. I have to disagree. I think it should stay like it is. You have to know these things and composate for them 8)
tall_guy_pete,

in principle you are right, but given the limitations of the MSFS weather system (ESPECIALLY the wind simulation!) and the fact that in reality a controller would not generally penalize you for short time overspeeding due to gusts I assume, the client should be a bit less stringent in my opinion. It's not about removing the 250kts limit altogether, only to allow for short (5 - 10 secs) overspeeding.

Greetings

Volker

tall_guy_pete

Post by tall_guy_pete » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:11 pm

Ah, im sorry for the mis-understanding. I can see the point of this. What worries me is that I'm on a single CPU (only 2.8GHz - northwood, thats a 512k cache for those who don't know) so im troubled about the resources that may have to be used continuously by the client. 8)