Client crashed sometime during flight

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Client crashed sometime during flight

Post by flugkapitan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:39 am

Hi all,

Just now I flew a flight for VHA. The leg was KWRB - KBLV. Sometime during the 112min flight, the client crashed. I did not receive any notification of an error. I only found out about it after landing, setting the parking brake, and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...I then checked via task manager and it said that flynet was not responding.

My status is now "in hangar", which means the flight is still booked. This ticks me off since I now don't have time to complete it within the 24hr period, I'll have to cancel and take the financial hit. Actually, that is no big deal in of itself, but it's the principle of the thing since it wasn't due to any fault on my end.

Scott
KJMS (or thereabouts)

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:08 am

Chris et al

Hate to do this but Ive had the same problem 3 days in a row - I thought it was my computer - but I flew the same flight outside of Flynet with no problems - route is EGGP-EGGW and I dont need any recompense - but I think we have some odd
bug - Same as Scott - flight appears totally normal until landing then no closing bell - when you go out to the client its disconnected somewhere in flight and reverted back to booked state

Cheers

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:13 am

Disable the tracker in flynet, that solves 90% of these problems.

This thread explains how to do it:
http://flynet.en-studios.de/forum/viewt ... ht=disable

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:31 am

trackers off Martin

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:35 am

Thanks for the reply, but I don't see how disabling the flight tracker would make any difference. This has only happened a couple of times since I've been using FlyNet. It would seem to me to be a server (bandwith?) problem on your end.

I'm not really "bitching" about the situation...merely bringing it to somebody's attention. I fully realize that Konny, yourself, and the rest have put alot of work into this free program, and I am very appreciative of that. It would just be nice if there were a way so when glitches like this do occur, the pilot is not penalized.

Regards,
Scott
KJMS (or thereabouts)

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

ssanchez

Post by ssanchez » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:51 pm

I had this same issue.

I'm running a HT CPU, Looks like FlyNET Client doent like to run in shared resources...

You'll need to set the affinity of FlyNET to run in only one CPU.

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/cpu-a ... 67317.html

http://www.iarsn.com/taskinfo/help/affinity_dlg.htm

and others... Google CPU AFFINITY

There are several utilities that will allow you to set the affinity automatically.

MMattyK
Captain

Same issue...

Post by MMattyK » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:31 pm

I've had this issue twice now, with windows (98SE and FS2000 ) reporting that flynet has attempted an illegal instruction and shut the client down mid flight, with the same symptoms as the initial report... having said that, it has only occurred twice in the time I've been using the system, and I'm not too bothered about the financial hit taken when the flight has to be cancelled and rebooked so the flight can be flown, although it would be nice to be able to reclaim those virtual dollars... :wink:

SnakeBite
Ticket Agent

Post by SnakeBite » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Try this link.. That what I did to solve this problem..

http://flynet.en-studios.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=423

Im not sure about getting your v$ back,, because I lost about 120,000 v$ from this thing.. Anyway,, cash isn't an issue for me..

Cheers

MMattyK
Captain

aaargghhhh!

Post by MMattyK » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:59 am

It just got worse... (flight tracker still on incidentally)
Having rebooked the flight, refuelsed, and commenced the flight, at some time the client decided that the flight had expired, cancelled the flight in mid flight, and charged me again! The log start normally enough, but at the end there are lots of the following messages:
Fehler mysql_real_connect():2003 (Can't connect to MySQL server on 'db1.netclusive.de' (10060))
Fehler mysql_real_connect():2003 (Can't connect to MySQL server on 'db1.netclusive.de' (10060))
If that is of any help...
Incidentally, thanks for the information regarding the flight tarcker buddy :)

aretallack

Post by aretallack » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:45 pm

It just got worse... (flight tracker still on incidentally)
It has been said before :roll:
Disable the Flight Tracker

...and your problems should go away. The 'Cant connect to SQL server' error indicates that the client can't establish a connection with the server. Disable the flight tracker and the client won't be trying to connect.
8)