Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

oge978
FSAirlines DB Admin

0.68 and PMDG 747

Post by oge978 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:38 pm

Hi ,

I tried to make a flight with 0.68 and PMDG 747-400F last night ;

As this was my first flight with this aircraft fuel tanks were empty in FlyNET DB , so I choosed DETAILED REFUEL and fill up my tanks as I wish . No problem there , I checked the bird and saw the fuel on board which I load from FlyNET Client :)

After reading problems with Queen Of The Skies I think I'm lucky and thanked DaKurt for this update with whispers ;)

Anyway , I take the trip from LTFJ to LIRF ... All was fine BUT after I land I got a CRASH on the runway without a reason ( also Client crashed at this time )

I thought that I made an error on landing and made the same flight today .

Again I load my tanks with Details Refuel option , nothing was wrong , flight was a success BUT after landing I got a CRASH again ( this time Client did not crash and record my flight )

In both of the landing AC was well configured , nothing was wrong , runways was clean of objects ;

Flap : 30
Vref : 140 (+ Wind Correction )
Speedbrakes : ARMED ( and deployed )
Autobrake : 2

Reverser engaged after full TD , Reversers closed at 80 Knots ...

Two of the crashes occured on the runway while I was slowing down , no turns made .

Loosing money or reputation is not a problem but after two hours getting a crash message and a log on your logbook is a bit bad as you can imagine :(

Are there any one tested PMDG 747 with latest client , or anyone had similiar crashes .

Best Wishes ,

Your VA Integration Officer ;)
Fatih "oge978" Koz

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:01 am

I'm sorry for that, but that sounds like some other bug. FlyNET isn't able to "crash" your airplane. It can only record when you are already crashed. There is no such function which sets the plane on "crashed", if you know what I mean. So maybe (hopefully) it's only a FS bug (maybe some hidden objects on rway?!?!) or a bug of FS which is caused by FlyNET.
Maybe you should try to land somewhere else. You could try to make a short trip, so you don't waste 2 hours if the bug occures again. Do you use a addon scenery airport?

cheers
DaKurt
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

Redhmt
Ticket Agent

Post by Redhmt » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:15 am

Fatih,you can ONLY fuel the PMDG 747 using PMDG's own refueller,to use the PMDG 747 on flynet you need to use the "compare" method.

Phil

oge978
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by oge978 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:02 am

Hi ,

As a "little" programmer I know that "client can not crash the AC" , but it is interesting to have a such crash with the client .

LIRF was default , no addon scenery , no new afcad installed ...

I read the refuelling problems regarding the PMDG 747 , but for my side first refuelling works OK ... As I said before Client loaded what I requested and PMDG did not make any problems regarding the fuel .

Tonight I will make a short trip at LTFJ or LTBA ( which I had landed several times with success ) to test the behavior .

Best wishes ,

ALT2024
Flight Attendant

Post by ALT2024 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:11 am

Does LIRF have a bituminous runway? If so, that's why the PMDG744 is crashing. She can't handle that kind of surface. Check out the PMDG support forum here.
Rob ALT2024/FRA101

oge978
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by oge978 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:45 am

Interesting subject there , as expected "LIRF" is in the list ( also some other airports which I will plan a flight are there ) ...

Will try to change LIRF's runway surface and make a test again ...

Thanks for the tip ;)

Jollyroger

Post by Jollyroger » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:12 am

I too had an incident with this new client in which I was flying along just fine over S. Dakota in an MD88. 1/2 a tank of fuel left at 40k feet. All of a sudden I was back on the flight line at Chicago. I alt-tabbed out to check FlyNet and it said that I had crashed.

Speed at 40k was 245kts IAS.
Auto throttle/alt/hdg set.
Was also using FSNavigator and flying on the flight plane.

This was really weird.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:24 am

FlyNET does not reset your flight. There must have been something else go wrong.