Can't load fuel.

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Jollyroger

Can't load fuel.

Post by Jollyroger » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:39 pm

I don't know if I'm the only one haing this problem or I'm just an idiot... (Don't answer that!!!)

When I go to fuel up my aircraft, any plane, it won't let me add any fuel. No matter what amount I try and add 1 gallon or more, it tells me that it's too much fuel for the plane and won't upload. I have to set the fuel to 0 and then it will take. Only problem is that when I do that, it drains my tanks dry. So then I'm sitting on he tarmac with now fuel and my engines come to a stop. I have to end the flight, restart FlyNet and then it will let me add fuel finally. Only problem is, it's charging me for fuel I should already have plus what I'm putting in now. So far my airline has lost thousands of dollars due to this bug.

Any answers????

Redhmt
Ticket Agent

Post by Redhmt » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:00 pm

Not sure if this is the right solution but, are you trying to fuel up while on the select a flight screen or when you have loaded up your flight?
It will not let you fuel up on select flight screen.Like I said not sure if that helps sorry if it didn't, not sure what else it is.

Phil

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:36 pm

We fuel in Pounds, and KGs, not gallons. Make sure you convert your fuel loads appropriately. :)

Cheers

Wolfar100
Chief Pilot

Post by Wolfar100 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:09 am

cmdrnmartin wrote:We fuel in Pounds, and KGs, not gallons. Make sure you convert your fuel loads appropriately. :)

Cheers
I worked with Jolly over the phone. I am a pretty good hand at this FlyNET now. His problem is not like any other. I looked at his planes and like I said worked with him on the phone.

He can not even change the fuel to 1 litter. It still says the plane can not hold that much.
Wolfar

Wolf AirLines CEO
http://members.cox.net/wolfar/index.htm

20 Year US Navy Retired
Former Squadron CO and founder:
1997~2003
JG2, JG26, Strike Masters

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:18 am

What plane is it? Can it hold fuel in FS normally (independently of FLYnet?)

Wolfar100
Chief Pilot

Post by Wolfar100 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:36 am

cmdrnmartin wrote:What plane is it? Can it hold fuel in FS normally (independently of FLYnet?)
Not sure about off line. It was the Dash-8 which I used for weeks before moving up.

I see that he is flying a route so perhaps he figured it out. We should see when he is done.
Wolfar

Wolf AirLines CEO

20 Year US Navy Retired
1997~2003

Jollyroger

fuel

Post by Jollyroger » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:45 am

It does it with any plane I fly. I can get fuel into them if I put the fuel at 0kg/lbs, hit fly and then alt/tab out of FS2004, shut down the client, restart the client, and then restart the flight. Only problem is that this drains my tanks no matter how much fuel is in them. Then when I go to fuel them up, I punch in the correct weight for max fuel, but the client only gives me about 1/2 a tank if that. It's impossible to make the run from Seattle to San Francisco in a 737 with 1/2 tank of fuel. (And yes, I've tried entering more fuel than what max should be.)

This is really getting frustrating. I really love what your guys are doing with this client, but I can't even make any money due to the fuel problem. I end up in the hole on almost every flight.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:48 am

Do not start the client until after FS is completely loaded (i.e. you're in the cockpit on the ramp). If you start the client before then, you will run into the exact problems you describe.

Wolfar100
Chief Pilot

Post by Wolfar100 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:52 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Do not start the client until after FS is completely loaded (i.e. you're in the cockpit on the ramp). If you start the client before then, you will run into the exact problems you describe.
OH WOW! I never thought of that because I always start the client after FS is loaded. :?
Wolfar

Wolf AirLines CEO

20 Year US Navy Retired
1997~2003

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:36 pm

The FlyNET client required FSUIPC to operate with FS. It is not activated until your flight is started and you're sitting in the cockpit. If you start the client before then you're okay as long as you don't click the "Fly Booked Flight" button. Click that button *ONLY* after Flight Sim is fully started and you should be okay, but it's not fool proof. The way I do it is I get FS completely started, boot up FSRealTime, ActiveSky, & FSINN, sign onto VATSIM and file my flightplan, then boot the FlyNET client. I do this because once the client is started, it blocks out my access to the first to menus in FS, which includes access to the multiplayer module so FSINN is prevented from starting a multiplayer session when it starts.

Jollyroger

Post by Jollyroger » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:36 pm

So I should be sitting in the cockpit ready to roll before I fire up FlyNet?

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 pm

Yes

Jollyroger

Post by Jollyroger » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:03 pm

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm getting ready for a flight to San Francisco now. I'll let you all know how it goes with the fuel.
Hopefully I make some money now.