What on earth happened?

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Archie

What on earth happened?

Post by Archie » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:51 am

http://flynet.en-studios.de/index.php?l ... b&id=13206

:shock:

I turned off time compression, and I started the descent when I noticed my fuel was quickly disappearing. I even had two reserve tanks that had crossfeed valves closed, so they were not feeding the engines, and the fuel disappeared from them too. 30,000 lbs of fuel was gone in minutes.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:55 pm

Which model of the 707 were you using (captian sim, HJG,,,,), is there a fuel dump valve you could have opened? I don't think there is anything in the flynet client that could cause that to happen, it might shut off an engine or cause the flaps or landing gear to not open.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Archie

Post by Archie » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:27 pm

I am using the Captain Sim model. It does have a fuel dump feature. However, I did not turn it on, and the fuel dump panel showed that fuel dump was off.

Drako

Post by Drako » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:55 pm

Fualty indicator light :lol: or some one forgot to put the gas cap back on :roll:

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:10 pm

I don't know enough about the captian sim model to speculate as to what caused the loss of fuel. It is odd that even though the flight shows a crash, the airlines repuation is still 120 and the aircrafts repair status is still 99.6.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Archie

Post by Archie » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:05 pm

The reputation went down to 101, my CEO made a flight, and it went up back to 120. Perhaps the aircraft is at 99.6% because the touchdown velocity was -150 feet/min.

Wolfar100
Chief Pilot

Post by Wolfar100 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:16 pm

Archie wrote:The reputation went down to 101, my CEO made a flight, and it went up back to 120. Perhaps the aircraft is at 99.6% because the touchdown velocity was -150 feet/min.
Ok I give where are you seeing the velocity at?
Wolfar

Wolf AirLines CEO
http://members.cox.net/wolfar/index.htm

20 Year US Navy Retired
Former Squadron CO and founder:
1997~2003
JG2, JG26, Strike Masters

Archie

Post by Archie » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:56 am

It tells you at the end of the flight what your touchdown velocity was. So, you can only see the velocity for a flight you completed right after you completed it. :lol:

Wolfar100
Chief Pilot

Post by Wolfar100 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:13 am

Only viewable by the pilot that landed or everyone?
Wolfar

Wolf AirLines CEO
http://members.cox.net/wolfar/index.htm

20 Year US Navy Retired
Former Squadron CO and founder:
1997~2003
JG2, JG26, Strike Masters

Archie

Post by Archie » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:10 am

Pilot.

BigJim

Post by BigJim » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:40 pm

There must be some issues with the client that in this case worked in the favor of the airline. I think I started a flight just before Archie crashed and then landed just after the crash, the client must have read the reputation when I started and then set it when I landed based on that value, not checking to see if it changed in the mean time.

I see Archie also started a second flight but crashed again shortly after take off and has quit the airline (and FlyNET as far as I can tell). As of this time I don't have any details about how the crash occurred.

While I am relieved that even after the second crash the repair state of the aircraft is still 99.4, but I don't see how this should be. I can see how if a plane bumps into the terminal that it would count as a crash but could be easily repaired, but it lands in the sea its most likely going to be a complete write off. What is FlyNET's logic for having so little damage to the aircraft after a crash?