My Motherboard Beeps While Using FlyNET Client

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Archie

My Motherboard Beeps While Using FlyNET Client

Post by Archie » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:04 am

Whenever I use the FlyNET client, and my aircraft takes off, or touches down my motherboard beeps a few times. It isn't just one beep, it is two, or three. The beeps are similar to the beeps you get when you hold down too many keys on a PS/2 keyboard. It only happens while using the FlyNET client, and only when the aircraft makes contact, or breaks contact with the ground.
Last edited by Archie on Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drako

Post by Drako » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:19 am

I noticed this two :shock:

I was a bit unnerved when I first heard this sound as last time I remember hearing it was just before my CPU went into a meltdown mode :cry:

Got to say I am a bit concerned by these beeps emitting from my PC case and it only occurs using the client.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:34 am

Hi Guys,

It is nothing to worry about, it is the clients way of acknowledging a status change. You will usuall hear the beep when :-

Your taxispeed goes above 5kts groundspeed (only once, not repeated if you stop/start taxi) - The client knows your status is taxiiing.

Your wheels leave the ground - The client knows your status is flying.

Yours wheels touch the ground - The client knows your status is landed. If you hear multiple beeps it's because you bounced!

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:06 pm

i get it, but not worried about it, doesn't damage your computer. It kinda tells you when flyNET has registered a change in Flight Status.
Thanks
Geoff

Archie

Post by Archie » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:52 am

Is it really necessary though? I find it somewhat annoying.

Does it have to be the internal speaker?

FlyNET makes a sound when the flight is over through the regular speakers. Thats fine, and useful.

Drako

Post by Drako » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:08 am

I agree with Archie!

Normally I associate beeps with something wrong when it emits from the PC case instead of the Speakers on my monitor.

I read in another forum of someone trying to track down these annoying beeps, everyone was giving him advice that it was a PC problem yet I twigged when reading it was related to Flynet client.

See to the newbie FS pilot using FS or lesser experianced to PC problems this will be how its seen. So if this can be sorted then fine and dandy otherwise we shall see more post that "Flynet has messed up my PC etc etc"

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:25 pm

I think people realize when the sounds only happen on touchdown, takeoff, etc, that the client is making them. They are good indicators, and much mor reliable than a wav file, don't worry, initially everyone is a bit put off, but they grow on you.

Drako

Post by Drako » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:45 pm

I am sorry but that kind of response is not very comforting. My reasons for saying that is not everyone reads the forums and if they do then most only read a couple of threads in each section. The majority never use the Search feature in forums hence you get multiple topics on the same thing.

We could be putting people off using the client if it does this wird thing? However we wont know that because people wont post in the forum freely either.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:17 am

It's not all that weird though. Sure, it's surprising, and maybe we should take a look at it, but our userbase is growing very well, so that means people have come to terms with the 'announcements'.

I'm not going to squelch a new idea, or a good question, but there are more important and 'real' problems in the beta we need to clean up first. The initial post was just wondering what the sound was, and we explained it. Since it is not a bug or problem, additional reccomendations on changing the feature should be put into the 'new features' area, but as I mentioned, it will be some time until it would be implemented. 8)

Archie

Post by Archie » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:52 am

Sometimes when I change views while taxiing, my aircraft (Captainsim 707) has a bad habit of bouncing up and down for a few seconds. I don't know why it bounces, but I get lots of beeps.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:17 am

That's the client recording multiple 'takeoffs' and multiple 'landings'

Try moving your tower (the tower view) close to where your airplane is, I've found this eliminates a lot of the problems.

carthorse
Ticket Agent

Post by carthorse » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:07 am

Try this procedure for disabling your internal speaker:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000725.htm

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:06 pm

but the beeps also are a good thing. since the client can only handle on flight, if u forget to restart the client after your flight, and u start another one... if u dont hear the beep then u know u didnt restart it... so it can save u time in a way....
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

carthorse
Ticket Agent

Post by carthorse » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:06 am

I agree flightsimer. It wasn't the beep i had a problem with. It was waking the dead with the beep. If the beep came through my soundcard i would have been able to control the volume of it.

When the internal speaker beeps on my motherboard, it is so incredibly loud. So disabling it has got me flying on FlyNet again.