For the second morning in a row...

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

For the second morning in a row...

Post by flugkapitan » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:31 pm

...at this same approx time, I was flying at booked flight (a different one than yesterday morning), and once again, about 2/3 of the way into the flight, FS9 shut down - no warning, no error msg or anything. The MS box did pop up on each occasion saying that it was going to send an error report regarding flynet.exe to Microsoft. I declined that option for obvious reasons.

I didn't have time to re-fly the flight (it had returned to it's booked state) yesterday morning, but yesterday evening managed enough time to fly the same exact flight, over the same exact route in the same exact aircraft with the same exact weather (ActiveSky...I don't use the online updates. I just download before I fly), at the same MS time as in the morning and didn't have any problems. I also have high-speed wireless internet so connectivity was not a problem.

Soooo....would it be a server problem around that particular time of day (1420Z)?

I'd really like to get this sorted out. With limited time to devote to FS9 flying, spending close to an hour flying and then having something like this happen, pretty much takes all the fun out of it.

Regards,
Scott
KJMS (or thereabouts)

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

DanKH
Ticket Agent

Post by DanKH » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:44 pm

If it is over the same spot as well, you could have offending afcads (ie two afcads covering the same airport)......that is more often than never the reason for an instant shutdown of FS.
Best Rgds
Dan

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:05 pm

Dan

Dont thinks its an Afcad problem - you missed the point - same flight all the same parameters and the second time it
went normally - three of us have been ferrying aircraft over the same route recently with almost identical set ups so
I dont believe its an AFCAD problem -

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:52 am

Dan,

Thanks for the reply. However, as Leif posted above, it is not an AFCAD problem...as the on the second occurance this morning it was on a different route entirely. The common denominator during both failures was that it happened at approx the same time of day.

Just so you know, I use FSAutoStart to shut down all non-essential services before firing up FS9, so it's not a case of another service conflicting with FlyNet to "phone home", so to speak, at the same time.

Regards,
Scott
KJMS (or thereabouts)

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

DanKH
Ticket Agent

Post by DanKH » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:54 am

Do you have the timezones updates from Dennis Thompson installed? maybe some bug in timeshifting zones...?
There was another thread about an issue with the timezones somewhere.

All updates are available from AVSIM just do a search on filename = tz*.zip that should do it....

Not much else I can think of....
Best Rgds
Dan

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:11 am

Hi Dan,

No, I don't use the TimeZone utility.

Isn't there a way a person can alter the ini file to prevent the client from tracking the flight? I thought I had seen that in a post here somewhere some time ago. I thought maybe if I disabled that I'd try the flight again and see if I still have problems.

Regards,
Scott
KJMS (or thereabouts)

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:54 am

Hi Scott

To turn off the tracker : navigate to C:\WINDOWS and look for the FlyNET configuration settings file. Open it with notepad, set tracker=1 to tracker=0, save and exit.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:16 am

John,

Thanks for the info on de-activating the tracker. I'll do that and have another go when I get off work in a few hours.

Regards,
Scott
KJMS (or thereabouts)

Alky

Post by Alky » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:40 pm

Almost guaranteed to be a scenery issue. Try unchecking all but default scenery in the settings and then try it. Turn them back on one at a time till it happens again. Other than that it could be a recently downloaded aircraft or panel. I had a DHC 3 Otter that I finally tracked down to being the cause of FS9 having fits, and it didn't happen "every" time I ran FS9 and I could be flying "other" aircraft. Once I deleted it, everything became stable once again.

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:47 pm

Hi Alky,

Thanks for the reply. However, the only scenery I'm running in the continental USA is the default FS9 scenery. Also keep in mind this happened in 2 different default scenery areas.

Going to have a go now with the client tracker disabled.

Regards,
Scott
KJMS (or thereabouts)

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:02 pm

Well....my experiment flying the route with the client tracker disabled didn't work either. About an hour into the flight the same thing occurred...dumped back to the desktop for no apparent reason, except for the dialoque box about FlyNet.exe encountered a problem and it trying to send the report to Microsoft - no mention about an FS9 problem.

I'm at a total loss as what to try next. Just for the heck of it here is the client log file of the attempted flight:

Log.out
===========================================================================

Passwords: "8601f6e1028a8e8a966f6c33fcd9aec4" : "8601f6e1028a8e8a966f6c33fcd9aec4"

Getting pilot data:
ID 750
Name Scott
Surname Cebula
User Flugkapitan
EMail flieger701@daktel.com
VA ID 406
VA User VHA111
Rank Pilot
Location KPHF
Budget 73636

Getting log data:
ID 14428
AC ID 2643
User ID 750
Route ID 18486
Status 0
Duration 65
Distance 380
PAX 60

Getting route data:
ID 18486
Airline Venture Hawaii
Dep KPHF
Arr KSAV
Deptime 930
Arrtime 1100
Route
Type VISC
Number VHA9703
State 2
Simrate 1
Ticket 99

Getting nearest airport: KPHF

Setting Fuel: 5943 kg, 5943.000000 kg
Left Main Tank Quantity: 0.000000
Right Main Tank Quantity: 0.000000
Left Aux Tank Quantity: 2406.662109
Right Aux Tank Quantity: 2406.662109
Left Tip Tank Quantity: 1057.472656
Right Tip Tank Quantity: 1057.472656
Center Tank Quantity: 0.000000
Center2 Tank Quantity: 0.000000
Center3 Tank Quantity: 0.000000
External1 Tank Quantity: 0.000000
External2 Tank Quantity: 0.000000
Left Main Tank Percentage: 0.000000
Right Main Tank Percentage: 0.000000
Left Aux Tank Percentage: 0.560049
Right Aux Tank Percentage: 0.560049
Left Tip Tank Percentage: 0.000000
Right Tip Tank Percentage: 0.000000
Center Tank Percentage: 0.000000
Center 2 Percentage: 0.000000
Center 3 Percentage: 0.000000
External 1 Percentage: 0.000000
External 2 Percentage: 0.000000
Fuel left: 0.000000
Refuel Process successful

Loop-Act: 63 ms, Loop-Peak: 63 ms, Loop-Avg: 63 ms, High-Loops: 0
Loop-Act: 78 ms, Loop-Peak: 78 ms, Loop-Avg: 57 ms, High-Loops: 0
Loop-Act: 62 ms, Loop-Peak: 1063 ms, Loop-Avg: 70 ms, High-Loops: 0
Loop-Act: 63 ms, Loop-Peak: 1063 ms, Loop-Avg: 61 ms, High-Loops: 0
Loop-Act: 62 ms, Loop-Peak: 1063 ms, Loop-Avg: 65 ms, High-Loops: 0
1334 - Overspeed-taxi penalty set active
Loop-Act: 62 ms, Loop-Peak: 1063 ms, Loop-Avg: 63 ms, High-Loops: 0
Loop-Act: 109 ms, Loop-Peak: 1063 ms, Loop-Avg: 71 ms, High-Loops: 0
1334 - Airborne ( Overspeed-taxi penalty deactivated)
1424 - Info:ResetDatabase()
0000 - Info:ResetInfo()

If anyone has any ideas...please let me know.

Thanks,
Scott KJMS(or thereabouts)

ssanchez

Post by ssanchez » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:02 pm

Hello flugkapitan, is your computer HT or DualCore? I found that setting the FlyNET client to only one CPU solves stability issues I had before. You might want to try that.

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:12 pm

Hi Ssanchez,

Thank you for the reply and taking an interest in my problem.

No, I'm not running a Dual-Core system....I wish I was LOL!

I'm running a old "CPU-Challenged" AMD Athlon 2500+, XFX GeForce 6600 card, 1G RAM. Actually the old beast does run FS9 and IL2 quite well, all things considered.

I guess what I'll have to do when I have time is fly the same route in the aircraft I'm trying to complete the flight with, and a couple of different aircraft without FlyNet activiated and see if the problem still manifests itself.

Regards,
Scott KJMS (or thereabouts)

Alky

Post by Alky » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:35 pm

As I mentioned earlier, I had an Otter that crashed FS9 to the desktop, with the Microsoft error message, not every time but a lot. I also couldn't restart FS9 after one session, I had to reboot to start FS9 a second time. That was regardless of what plane I flew. Once I removed the Otter my problems stopped. I don't know if it was in the gauges or what. I made a fresh install of FS9 and then added things back in till the problem showed up again, the Otter was the culprit.

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:12 pm

Hi Alky,

The aircraft I'm flying is a repaint of Rick Piper's Viscount 700D...kind of a beta, since the night textures haven't been released yet. I'm using Fraser McKay's most excellent Viscount 700 v4 panel with it.

The odd thing is, I'd flown the same aircraft/panel combination from Midway to Port of Spain (numerous legs) without any problems before the flights I'd written about. The only difference this time is that I've started on the east coast USA. The route (attempted) thus far has been KJFK - KPHF (took 2 tries to get that done without a crash), and now KPHF - KSAV. FS9/Flynet has crashed twice on that route segment so far. Once when I was only about 10 miles from the final appr fix for Rwy18, the other in cruise after about an hour of flight. What I find odd is that in every instance, the computer tries to send an error report to Microsoft regarding FlyNet. Never has it tried to send a report about an FS9 failure/error.

Thanks for your interest and replies...I do appreciate them!

Regards,
Scott KJMS (or thereabouts)