Taxi penalty?

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Growler

Taxi penalty?

Post by Growler » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:50 pm

I had just touched down at LSZH and was merrily bowling down the runway when the penalty for taxi speed over 25kts popped up.
A trifle annoying that..... :?

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:44 am

I think you have one minute to get under 25kts after touchdown. At least, I think that is how the penalty works.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:34 am

perhaps if you are using addon scenery the runway in your afcad file is not in the same place as in the scenery.I got dinged when i started my take-off run at gatwick rwy 08.When i checked the afcad the runway was 400ft shorter than the runway in the scenery.I think i have had trouble at Zurich where the runways were at slightly different angles so when i thought i was taxiing on the runway according to the afcad i was on the grass.
Yours Stan

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:26 am

Stan - Steve

Got to disagree with you here - as I use a high percentage of modified AFCADS, including custom built ones for seaplane
bases with water runways and Ive never been dinged ON the runway - not even on a high speed turnoff as Justin points out you have 60 seconds to correct the error so you would have to be motoring some to get dinged.

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:12 am

The client does not monitor what surface you are on.

Thus, if you taxi at 26kts, g/s, you will be dinged.

The exceptions, if, after, exceeding 26 knots, you subsequently lift off, the ding is canceled.
If you have landed, the taxi limit speed is ignored until 60 seconds later (which for all intents and purposes, you should be under 25 kts, even with an extended rollout)

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:47 pm

I did have an extremely long pause/hang as I was landing, so that would explain it. I thought the client only started monitoring your speed once you turned onto the taxiway.

Rainbowdancer

Taxi-speed Limit

Post by Rainbowdancer » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:20 am

cmdrnmartin wrote: If you have landed, the taxi limit speed is ignored until 60 seconds later (which for all intents and purposes, you should be under 25 kts, even with an extended rollout)
As I can say, after touchdown my BAe 126.200 has a rollout for 25 - 30 Seconds to reach 0 kts! Now it is the 2nd time, that I get a taxi-speed penalty during the time of rollout, maybe after 15 - 20 Seconds after touchdown. Looks like it is a Vabanque-playing game. :?