Aircraft values reset to v$0

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Aircraft values reset to v$0

Post by Quantum » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:50 am

Hi,

Since the new client 6.1b in use, when an aircraft flies, the value resets to v$0. So far, four of our fleet have flown using new client and all now show v$0 value although aircraft % is still ok. Checking other VA's Fleet pages, those that have used aircraft since new client also have values of those aircraft now showing v$0.

It also looks like some other changes have been made to the client that we have not been made aware of. With previous clients regardless of v/s at landing, an aircraft fresh from maintenance at 100% would show minimum 99.9% after first flight. I notice one VA has flown one sector with a new aircraft and maintenance still shows 100% but with value now v$0. What other changes have been made?

Rgds

John
Last edited by Quantum on Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

ivanT3

Post by ivanT3 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:08 am

Interesting. I flew 4 flight's in Dove G-ASMG and she's worth $o.oo.. My last landing would have had equipment rolling but, I didn't crash the aircraft and it showed 0ft/pm at touch down. The flight was 100%.

Just a report.

Ivan.......................

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:54 pm

humm, I have to check this. Well, I (at least I hope so) didn't change anything else except the two things written in the news. But I had to make some changes with the uploading of the flight report to the database at the end of a flight in order to be able to write a comment. So maybe that's the reason for the bug. I'm currently at work, so I'll have a look tonight.
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

Derek Knox

Post by Derek Knox » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:17 pm

Have this problem aswell on our AT72.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:10 pm

Yep, definetly an issue with the client, flew CYWG to KMSP last night, same thing happened.

tallmike

Post by tallmike » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:49 pm

Same here.......Brand new B763 from Manafacture page shows value $0 Reg number====N103QB owned by IFC.

Mike.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:20 pm

Same thing happened to me on my flight from last night using my L-1011 N10115.

http://flynet.en-studios.de/index.php?l ... db&id=1732
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

BFuller

Post by BFuller » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:32 am

Will there be a mass update to all the values or should we not fly until this is fixed?

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:23 am

Problem is already fixed with the new update...

Middy

New update

Post by Middy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:29 am

New update ?

Where is the update ?

I have 0.6.1b but want new update lol

Regards

Dave

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:48 pm

ImageImage

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:08 pm

as quantum said. either the direkt link to the new file, or just start flynet and the autoupdate should download it automatically.

DaKurt

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:33 pm

Hi DaKurt,

Just a suggestion. You assume everyone has already got the FlyNET client programme installed as you are not updating the link here : http://flynet.en-studios.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12 . The link on the homepage (buried in one of the news items http://flynet.en-studios.de/downloads/FlyNET_06b.zip) also links to an old version. Anyone new to the FlyNET website isn't given a fighting chance to get an up to date Client programme without having to be a Sherlock Holmes on the forums. Even when they find the link to the new client they will still have to find an older client download to get the other associated files. I think the latest client software (complete with all files needed) should have it's very own very prominent link on the FlyNET homepage. Even people who already have the client are having to ask where it is. I played a hunch and tried the download link for the 6.1 exe and 'voila' it was magically the 6.2 exe , but no-one had actually told us amd made it quite clear. If people struggle to fine software needed to use FlyNET they may be discouraged and politely close the door on their way out, never to return. And by the way, I have not heard of anyone that has successfully accomplished an 'auto-update'.

Rgds

John
ImageImage

DanKH
Ticket Agent

Post by DanKH » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:47 pm

Well John, there is one according to the poll :?
Best Rgds
Dan

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:19 pm

http://flynet.en-studios.de/downloads/FlyNET_062b.zip

This topic has gone a bit off topic from the original 0$ issue, and since the issue should be fixed in the new client, Im locking this thread,

Cheers,