autoupdate doesn't work

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Kustom

autoupdate doesn't work

Post by Kustom » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:56 pm

hi,

when i launch the flynet client, it say that a new version is avaible and if i want to autoupdate it... but when i click 'yes', nothing hapens... if i click no to download it manually, nothing happens too... maybe you should redirect to the download forum page... but, i can't find the new client version in the forum topic dedicated...

so.. how can i fly tonight. i have 206 passengers that waiting for me and i don't want to give their money back...

Charles Dehavilland

Post by Charles Dehavilland » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:26 pm

Same for me tried to update by using autoupdate, message returned to reload. still not working. may i ask where can i manually download the new client program.
might it be possible to have either the auto reload program or do it yourself. i would prefer the do it yourself mode.

many thanks charles

SJDobby
Ticket Agent

Latest update - autoupdate/manual

Post by SJDobby » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:27 pm

You are not alone...
I am sat at Toronto with a planeload of passengers (already on their second free drink :lol: ) .

I've not used autoupdate before so don't know exactly how it works (though I have noticed a "prefetch file" appear for FlyNet in my Windows\prefetch folder, so maybe a reboot is needed?), but as you say the usual "Get It Here" forum message still has the old 0.6b client.

I shall leave my plane and its getting-steadily-drunker passengers on pause overnight and see if things can be resolved first thing tomorrow before I have to go and do the real-world job I pretend to love. :(
FSA Director, UK Direct Airways
http://www.planecrazy.me.uk/UKD/

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:27 pm

http://flynet.en-studios.de/downloads/newest/flynet.exe

Just replace the old flynet.exe with this one.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

MVS0204
Flight Attendant

Post by MVS0204 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:21 am

Thank you very much, Konny

Regards

DanKH
Ticket Agent

Post by DanKH » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:27 am

But alas, it still uses 50% CPU when idle....
Best Rgds
Dan

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:50 am

hey, daKurt's post in the news says that it's 0.6.1b, but when you go to download it shows as 0.6b...

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:35 pm

Konny, just to help us all, as the file that works isnt where it normally is, could you update the link in the client post in news section to link to a zip folder with all the correct files in> that would be much appreciated! :wink:

DanKH
Ticket Agent

Post by DanKH » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:48 pm

I found a work-around to enable the autoupdate function...I'll be back shortly
Best Rgds
Dan

DanKH
Ticket Agent

Post by DanKH » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:33 am

OK this worked for me:

Search for the file autoupdate.exe it should reside in the same directory as the flyNET client together with 3 other files:

flynet_setup.stp
libmysql.dll
log.out

Open up a command prompt, and switch to the drive where these files reside.

Using your mouse: drag the autoupdate.exe into the command prompt window and hit ENTER.

If you have Windows firewall enabled you might receive a warning, press unblock and there you go, the program will open a ftp connection to the FlyNET site, download the update and give you the choice of starting the client or simply exit form the command window.

It seems as though the program has to be run with security restrictions applied, or is dependant of either .NET FW 1.1 or 2.0 (I have both installed) It works on my machine but didn't on John's this evening, we'll give it a try again tomorrow (He got "The system cannot execute the specified program")
Best Rgds
Dan

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:00 am

Hmmm I think my problem is here
I don't have flynet_setup.stp file in the directory. Actually it wasn't also in the zip file of previous client.

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:04 pm

that's correct. The flynet_setup.stp file is downloaded by the autoupdate.exe program. You don't need it to run the autoupdate...

Well normally, when you hit the yes button a black console should appear. Could there be problem with XP starting a console application? I really don't know...I use it too and it works. Is there any autoupdate.exe open in the taskmanager?

But next time I'll additionally post a link to the new version in the forum. So everyone can get it here if the autoupdate fails.

Sorry for the problems guys ;)
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

DanKH
Ticket Agent

Post by DanKH » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:32 pm

Hi DaKurt

This could very well be the issue here, Security policies might apply when running and exe.

If I start the autoupdate.exe manually a security warning pops up That should be handled within the Client. or one should apply lesser security on that specific file....

Or as an alternative you could handle the ftp function within the Client instead of using an external application...many ways, same solution ;-)
Best Rgds
Dan

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:21 pm

Discussion on the Autoupdate has been moved to:

http://flynet.en-studios.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1649

-------------
wrong link? greetings DaKurt