Arrived but FlyNET won't go off of taxi...

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

allegro

Arrived but FlyNET won't go off of taxi...

Post by allegro » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:39 am

So I tried to fly TAL220, KSFO-KPDX earlier tonight, and after I landed I taxiied to the gate, shut down engines, opened the door, and had the parking brake on, but the client still showed 'Taxi' and wouldn't show my results. I landed at the right airport :D and really couldn't figure out what else to do, so I closed FS - now it's back to booked state again! How can I get credit for this flight?

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:20 pm

i get this sometimes. the best way to get it to work is to take parking brake off again. put just standrd brake on for a second or so and then apply parking brake. not sure why but it always seems to work for me.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:49 pm

Hm, the client doesn't register the end of the flight instantly. Or more precisely it can need some time to do all the calculations and database updates at the end of a flight. I think it could take up to 2 minutes...Maybe you jsut didn't wait long enough ?
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:19 am

Konny
One of my guys had the same problem tonight going from LAS-OKC taxied to the gate - put the hand brake on and waitied for almost 12 minutes and it never came out of taxi -- AMychance you can look at that as well VHA7500 LAS-OKC last night

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:37 pm

If your client state says "Taxi"

The client never recorded your take off.

The client States are:

In Hangar
Boarding (Activated with start of client)
Taxi (Activated when Plane passes 5 knots GS)
Takeoff (signified by the beep, this is not a true state)
Climb (When you are airborne and climbing)
Cruise (Level Flight)
Descent (Self Explanatopry)
Landed (Activated on contact with the ground, 1 minute later, all the way until you apply the parking brake)

The issue you may be having might come from the flight tracker. I myself have had issues with it, and I simply turn it off, which has eliminated all instances of the client not recording my landing or takeoffs.

Cheers,

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:07 pm

Hi,

One of my pilots has had same problem today, client hung on taxi. Not sure if it was taxi at start or taxi at dest, although he reports that the client WAS updating. He even took off again, did a circuit and landed but still showed taxi.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

allegro

Post by allegro » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:13 pm

Just to update.. in my original problem, the client did not still show taxi. It showed 'landed'.

I re-flew the flight and have flown since and it has worked fine...

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:01 pm

Next time this happens to anyone, please send me the log.out.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer