Radical suggestion!!!!

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

FsNovice

Radical suggestion!!!!

Post by FsNovice » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:51 pm

i'm writing this post mainly for someone else in my airline but it did also affect me earlier but the cause wasn't apparent until i looked into it this time for Andrew, every airport we have had unexpected crashes at, the database entries for those airports are incorrect, in so much as the airport is at the wrong altitude. There is a simple way to check this. simply find an airport. load up Fs and compare FS's altitude to the one in the DB. I would, although i know this could be contreversial, like a complete rechecking of every airport height in Flynet, just to elliminate this issue from further editionsof the client. if someone believes they can explain this discrepancy, i would be interested to hear it !!!

case in point: flynet says dortmund is 424ft whereas Fs says 425ft which could cause a fault, yes?

Thanks for any feedback on this subject, much appreciated.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:40 pm

The altitude value of the airports in the db is just for info. Don't think it could cause a fault ;)
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:46 pm

fine, fair point, but i would still be interested as to what could cause a crash, when flying there on Fs without the client doesnt. and i have tried it!

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:49 pm

if you told me which airports you're talking about and when the client crashes, I could check that. Maybe I'll find out something ;-)
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:58 pm

it Dortmund and the client doesnt crash, it registers that he crashes the aircraft. it not me crashing its someone in our airline, Andrew Watson and he finds it odd as he flies also for BAV and he doesnt have problems landing? if any further detail is required i may need to get back to you on it.

Andrew J Watson

Post by Andrew J Watson » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:48 am

Hi Guys,

Konny, Andrew Watson here.

So basically what’s been said is all correct. The past two flights I have one, one landing in Gatwick and one landing in Dortmund I have seemingly crashed while still in mid-air. I have no overstressed the aircraft and im doing a Full ILS approach, safe speed, gear down, flaps and all that and then just about 50ft above the threshold BAM it comes up ‘Crash’.
I honestly can’t think of any reason for this to have happened.
As Joe previously stated, I also fly for BAV and their client will pick up a crash and I have never had any issues with that apart from when I hit a tree but we wont go into that.........and I have landed in Gatwick times without number and no issues.
Basically what im saying is I think it’s unfair (unless their is good reason) that we have been charged for the crash of these aircrafts when it’s seemingly a bug either with the clients or with information with the Aircraft. Im welcome to discussing that however if you think differently as you know the client better that I do.
FYI - I’m flying the IFDG airbus, FSP, FSNAV (for some of the route), Activesky, and the client. I tried it again tonight without the client but everything else still the same and worked fine! Bit confused and really looking for some clarification.

Hope that clears things up re my flight deck.

Thanks for your time Konny and Joe!

Safe landing guys.

Andrew

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:23 pm

Does only the client register the crash or does FS register a crash as well?

If both do, then your problem is FS not FlyNET. There is an invisible building in your scenery that wasn't properly supressed that you're hitting and you either have to fly higher or just set FS to ignore crashes until you can get the problem fixed by contacting the scenery author and tell them where the crash is happening (using GPS coordinates) and having them edit their scenery to properly suppress the Autogen or Static scenery object causing the crash.

Andrew J Watson

Post by Andrew J Watson » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:46 pm

hi,

thanks for the message. I'm not using any add on scenery, its all default and also the FS crashes are off as I'm using the client.

andrew