Airfield duplication and incorrect data

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Airfield duplication and incorrect data

Post by IslandBum » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:32 pm

OK Folks got a little problem here

AGKG Kaghau - on the island of Kukudu in the Solomon Islands - nice little strip with some neat easter eggs for my pilots
S7* 19 .85/E157* 35.23 10 foot elevation 2400 foot grass strip

Cant miss it - its agot a cruise ship tied up to the dock there

AGKU Kolombangara (also on the Island of Kukudu)
S8*.01.16 /E156*56.83 elevatioon 20 foot 1800 foot of crushed coral

OK the problem seems to be that FLynet THINKS that Kaghau and Kolombangara are the SAME airport
So presently I have a Skyvan trapped at AGKG AFTER I made a perfect flight there AND GOT penalized for landing at the
wrong airfield

So - would some one PLEASE remove the 2 entries of AGKU and reload the correct one (as shown here) AND Knonny may i have my money back plse????

Mahalo

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:42 pm

Lief, it's easier for you to go in and edit the bad numbers on the existing entries and then PM one of the DB Admins with which airport needs to be removed (if any). You can edit airports just as you can edit aircraft types.

UKD192

Post by UKD192 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:00 pm

Has the edit bug of 3 significant figures been resolved for the correct input of Airfield Longitude ?
Last time I tried it it would only take 2 ?

This one needs deleting :- http://flynet.en-studios.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1160

Is there a list of DB admins anywhere ?

thanks

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:44 pm

Thanks Chris

Ive already changed AGKU in the Data base - the one that needs removing is the one that say AGKU - Kukudu

Hopefully that will fix everything except the loss I took by landing at the CORRECT airport last night

as I said its a shame because a couple of the Skyvan routes in the Solomons will test your ability at short field AND

provide some interesting scenery

Cheers

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Venture Hawaii PLC

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:00 am

Everything's been updated. Sadly, the wrong database entry appears to have been deleted and thus any flights to and from Fare will need to be redone.

Sorry Lief, I deleted the second entry on the list, and it appears to have been the one that everything was linked to because when I went back, the one left didn't have any flights to or from it, which it did the first time, so I dunno what happened.

IslandBum
Captain

Post by IslandBum » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:37 am

Chris _ IM still showing the second one as present - BUT you did delete the correct one - The other AGKU has NO Flights
AGKG (Kaghau) DOES have one flight a day

Cannot figure out HOW they got duped as I loaded the Solomon islands intially and used the data I had From The Australian DOT which MATCHED the scenery and AFCADS I had

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Venture Hawaii PLC

IslandBum
Captain

Post by IslandBum » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:21 pm

Chris

It Didnt do any good , Still showing "Not at correct airport" message - plus its still duped - Why dont you just go ahead and delete both AGKU and AGKG completely and Ill re apply them - see if thats doing any good - Its a bit frustrating because its
costing me to shunt the aircraft and myself around (like THAT matters LOL) but I'd like to get it sorted so my guys can starting flying those sectors

Cheers

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Venture Hawaii PLC

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:03 am

Done. Found a couple of other duplicates as well. They have been fixed.

UKD192

Post by UKD192 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:14 am

Done. Found a couple of other duplicates as well. They have been fixed
They have indeed - Thanks Chris 8)

Rob

IslandBum
Captain

Post by IslandBum » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:11 am

Thank you Chris

BUT......Now Ive disappeared from the companies roles - My profile shows me as Still CEO of VHAVA - but Im now invisiible and it wont let me book a flight

A little help here please

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Venture Hawaii PLC

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:05 pm

You're welcome, but the disappearing thing is a Konny issue. Sorry bud, you'll be stuck until he can get to it. :(

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:10 am

Hm, when I log in with your account everything looks good. You show up in the roster and you have booked a flight. Do you still have any problems ?
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

IslandBum
Captain

Post by IslandBum » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:09 pm

Thank you Konny

As soon as I moved myself and the Aircraft back to Henderson I magiacally reappeared (which is what I had surmised would happen). So everything seems to have returned to status quo, hopefully when when of the village worthies relaods the Correct Date for the two airfields that I provided we can continue with our route structureI went back and looked at the original uploaded data and the problem seems to have been they were added to the DB with the same NAME but different lat and lons.

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Venture Hawaii PLC