Private flights recording incorrect mileage

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Private flights recording incorrect mileage

Post by DaveB » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:07 pm

Hi Guy's,

Forgive me if this question has been asked before but having trawled these informed pages, I can't find one so here goes. Has anyone noticed the disparity in distance travelled when making flights in private (own hangar) aircraft?? Everyone I've made thus far has been reported as grossly out.. by some thousand miles :roll: As an example, my last hop was a quickie from Northolt to Heathrow.. about 19miles if that and on landing, the client reported it as over 1900nm. Time and fuelburn are being reported correctly but for some reason, the recorded/reported mileage is always incorrect.
I've had a look through the list of active pilots on CBFS and those with private aircraft who have made flights also show this discrepancy. It's certainly not a major problem and for the amount of 'Private' flying I do, I can live with it but I'd be interested to know if this has been seen before :wink:

Regards

DaveB

Charles Dehavilland

Post by Charles Dehavilland » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:14 pm

Dave, this has just happened to me flying the Erickson Skycrane. i know it was not a private aircraft but one of my fleet, it showed up a 19hr flight for a 20min flight. Also the fuel usage was very strange. on e the return flight the flynet program crashed and windows sent a message dirrect to MS. Also i have had major problems with flight routes showing a 3000nm flight for a 105nm flight. thus i have reported and all data was correct within flynet with airport info, but it still shows up incorrect. thus i've had to ditch most of my small connecting routes.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:13 am

@Dave
Thanks for the hint. There really was a typo in the distance-calculation. Should be ok now. At least it now says the distance between EGWU und EGLL is 5 miles ;)

@Charles
Can you please tell me the route where you got the 3000nm ?
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:27 am

Hi Konny,

Many thanks for that :D I'm booked Nice to Luqa in one of our Comets so I won't have the opportunity to try it again for a while but I don't envisage any problems. Will report back if anything untoward crops up :wink:

Regards

DaveB

Charles Dehavilland

Post by Charles Dehavilland » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:12 am

Thanks for the responce, may i first say sorry for this long winded message but here is the list of routes that i'am unable to fix. ie all my major route show a price range of $100 to $140. so if i get a very high price for a very short flight then i know the distance for the flights are incorrect.

flights to and from

CYXY - CYHT
CYXY - CYZW

CYZF - CYHY this shows as 3000nm for a 105nm flight
CYZF - CYHK
CYZF - CYFS
CYZF - CYCO
CYZF - CYHK
CYHK - CYBB
CYHK - CYYH

CYFB - CYTE
CYFB - CYCY
CYFB- CYUX
CYFB - CYVP
CYFB - CYSR
CYFB - CYIO
CYFB - CYVM

this is the complete list of airfields that are not available to me, due to problems. it equals to 60% of my flight plans.
many thanks charles

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:53 am

Ok, I went through the list...
Charles Dehavilland wrote: flights to and from

CYXY - CYHT <-- CYHT doesn't exist in the database
CYXY - CYZW <-- CYZW had two db-entries

CYZF - CYHY this shows as 3000nm for a 105nm flight <-- CYHY had two db-entries, one had no longitude value
CYZF - CYHK <-- CYHK has no longitude value ( edit it via the db )
CYZF - CYFS <-- CYFS had no longitude value due to the W for west not being in capital letters ( fixed now, so all letters are converted to uppercase automatically)
CYZF - CYCO <-- didn't find anything there (?)
CYZF - CYHK <-- look what I wrote three lines before ;)
CYHK - CYBB <-- see CYZF-CYHK
CYHK - CYYH <-- I love CYHK ^^

CYFB - CYTE <-- CYTE has no longitude value ( see CYHK )
CYFB - CYCY <-- looks good (?)
CYFB- CYUX <-- CYUX has no longitude value ( see CYHK )
CYFB - CYVP <-- should be ok (?)
CYFB - CYSR <-- nothing special (?)
CYFB - CYIO <-- no altitude value, but that shouldn't be a problem (?)
CYFB - CYVM <-- enjoy the flight :) (?)
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer