Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

MY AIRLINE DISAPPEARED!

Post by joefremont » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:42 pm

My airline just disappeared!!!
WHAT IS HAPPENING!
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:57 pm

there seems to be some nice crazy server problems, this is the 3rd time i've been on it in the past 30 minutes, i was booted the other 2 times...

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:04 pm

I got as a message

To: Former VA member
Date: 09.23.2006 - 20:21

You have been kicked from the airline by the CEO.

Which is alarming as I am the only CEO, and its no longer listed on the database page.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:06 pm

It's a server issue, please email konny at info at flynet.en-studios.de

As you can see, Wardair has been nuked too. (Thank god I kept a fleet list, but i seriously hope Konny has a good backup, as far as I know it gets updated daily.)

Cheers

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:20 pm

Looks like all Wardair and PSA acft are on the Traders list. Also looks like Ionathan have been hit too
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:20 pm

hmmm, that's some of the largest airlines...

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:21 pm

yay. Jetdirect survived the server problems in once piece.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:25 pm

I seriously dought that his is just a server hickup, I suspect someone has found the back door to the system and has set out to do some damage, nothing to stop them from striking again.

I recommend that all CEO's save a copy of there fleet page and there routes page.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:42 pm

joefremont wrote:I seriously dought that his is just a server hickup, I suspect someone has found the back door to the system and has set out to do some damage, nothing to stop them from striking again.

I recommend that all CEO's save a copy of there fleet page and there routes page.
What makes you suspect that? Because your airline got hit? This is not the first time this has happened. I'm not saying it couldn't have happened, but still, to jump to that conclusion seems premature.
Last edited by cmdrnmartin on Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pete999

Post by pete999 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:44 pm

how do you do this martin! :(

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:46 pm

Pete, what are you talking about...

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:53 pm

cmdrnmartin wrote:
joefremont wrote:I seriously dought that his is just a server hickup, I suspect someone has found the back door to the system and has set out to do some damage, nothing to stop them from striking again.

What makes you suspect that? because your airline got hit? This is not the first time this has happened.
Actually Justin if it was just me I would be willing to accept that it was a glitch, that it happened to you and Ionathan makes it harder to accept.

I think this because 1) Someone booted me from my airline and 2) someone disbanded my airline and 3) all my aircraft are up for sale, if somehow the master airline record got deleted I don't think I would have gotten the message saying I had been kicked by the CEO. Are any other airlines gone?

I went and created a temporary airline so I can take my propliners off the market, however I don't have enough cash to protect the jets.

pete999

Post by pete999 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:56 pm

how do you save your fleet page and route page?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:01 pm

By either opening the webpage and selecting file->save as from the browser menu or by doing a copy and paste from the webpage to somewhere else. It will at least give enough information to allow you to recreate it if its lost.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:07 pm

That's an interesting theory Joe, but based on previous experience I think it was a glitch. When an airline is disbanded, all of its aircrafts end up on the market (or as part of another airline)

Konny's logs can tell for sure what happened. In the mean time, there's nothing more I can do, so I'll just wait. I know my airline's financial history, fleet size, and I can rebuild my routes with a bit of time, so no biggie. That plus Konny will probably just revert to yesterdays copy of the database, which is fine by me. It will put all airlines on the same footing they were this morning (since again, I know for a fact the change happened around 1800 GMT)