strange flight issue

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

cherrion

strange flight issue

Post by cherrion » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:12 pm

I completed a flight from gatwick to New York. I am a pilot/CEO of Trans EU. Now when I completed the flight I somehow lost 34million and as a resuly my Airline is now 27million in the red. I cannot email the useual address info@flynet.en-studios.de, as It couldnt send and said the server had been blocked. Help what do I do.

flight logbook
http://flynet.en-studios.de/index.php?l ... 6add224dd6

Finances
http://flynet.en-studios.de/index.php?l ... 6add224dd6

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:18 pm

post your log.out file on here, or re-try sending it to the e-mail address again.

Might I suggest that your ticket prices are very low for that flight, and you did not have any bonus because you used 16x.

fly again with ticket prices at around 340 instead. And watch your procedures (landing lights, speed)

cherrion

Post by cherrion » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:23 pm

Email appeared to work this time. I have adjusted the prices and will fly again after school tomorrow. I cant be bothered to sit through that agin this evening.

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:26 pm

good thinking, and next flight, do it at 4x... this way you'll also have a little bonus

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:29 pm

Well, I reviewed your flight, and all I can say is, them's the breaks.

You took off and tanked your plane with 74000kg, you used 65000kg of fuel on the trip, meaning about 20 000lbs left over. Gatwick has a very high fuel cost, and your pax load was about 72%.

Technically speaking, you didnt do anything wrong. But seeing as how your a new airline, your plane wasnt loaded as much as it would be if you had a higher rep. As well, fueling costs a lot at EGKK (1.59) compared to say, CYOW (1.20).

Now, having said that: You won't need to fill up the plane as much going back (and in an A333 with good management you only need about 110000 lbs for the trip) since your tanks already have some fuel in them. Secondly, JFKs fuel price is cheaper I think, so youll pay less for gas. Thirdly, as your airline builds up its reputation, by flying more flights, youll be able to get more passengers on a flight, and get more money from them as well. For now, stick with the default trip cost, fly a few more times (maybe not in a heavy jet, seeing as how your a startup right now) to build your reputation, and work yourself out of the debt.

cherrion

Post by cherrion » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:51 am

I went by a Fual calculator I found, looks like I wont be using that again.

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:47 pm

try my tutorial, it is posted as a sticky on the general VA forum I believe