Landing considered to be a Crash!??!

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

KaptainPhee

Landing considered to be a Crash!??!

Post by KaptainPhee » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:51 pm

Well I had just landed at LAX after a long flight from Belgium, touched down on runway 6R at LAX, Spoilers and reversers deployed everything fine when all of a sudden, the client decides to say I have CRASHED!!!!!!!!! :shock: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :shock:

Now this is a shame because the flight was going well, this has put me in quite a mood!!! lol

Hope somoeone can help with this problem!?

Thanks Phil

P.S. What about my ratings, I dnt wnt to have a crash on my record and the bad rating which I have been trying to get as high as possible!!! :?

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:26 pm

Did you by any chance have a stall on approach(speaking from experience) or was the angle for landing to great so that the tail scraped the runway, maybe? anyone shed anyfurther light on this, is there a bug at lax like BigQ suggested at birmingham lol

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:02 pm

From what you described, FS9 did not say crash but the flynet client did. Is that correct?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:24 pm

FsNovice wrote:Did you by any chance have a stall on approach(speaking from experience) or was the angle for landing to great so that the tail scraped the runway, maybe? anyone shed anyfurther light on this, is there a bug at lax like BigQ suggested at birmingham lol
I know for a fact from other members, that LAX has not given this error. Emmet has brought down MD-11s, and 747s in LAX (and those are the touchiest aircraft you can land, with weight restrictions in mind) with nary a problem.

Please elaborate more: Was it default scenery? What aircraft? Landing angle, other abnormalities etc.

KaptainPhee

Post by KaptainPhee » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:30 pm

Well it was an A346 and everything was fine, the landing in my eyes was good!!! The tail was too low, I didnt stall on approach, it was the same landing that I had always done! I just dont get it!!!

In reply to Joe, the client said CRASHED, not FS!!!! It was when I slowed down and checked the Flynet Flight Monitor that I saw I had crashed!!!

MOST STRANGE!

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:32 pm

ah have you got crash detection enabled?

KaptainPhee

Post by KaptainPhee » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:41 pm

SO................. is there anything tht can be done about my rating!!!! I dnt want to have it below 98.5%!!?

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:53 pm

Refer to my above post.

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:04 pm

KaptainPhee wrote:SO................. is there anything tht can be done about my rating!!!! I dnt want to have it below 98.5%!!?

Just fly more often without any crashes or mistakes, it'll go up...

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:07 pm

Sounds like a tail strike to me. A346 can do that quite easily, i forget the max angle you can be at on landing, but its pretty shallow.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Tail strike is possible but how would flynet register it as a crash if FS9 did not?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

recce

Post by recce » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:56 am

FS9 crash detection off? that would let FS9 get away with it... Meanwhile I'm not sure but i don't think Flynet uses the FS9 detection. Does it not have it's own built in?

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:45 pm

No, FlyNET uses the FS crash detection, and I can't think of a way the client registers a crash when the FS doesn't. Very strange...
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer