CRASH

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

FsNovice

CRASH

Post by FsNovice » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:36 pm

i was coming in on final today at birmingham and i was literally about to land and i stalled it so i was trying to work out what to do and i was going to power up again and try the landing again but as soon as i tried this it said i crashed but i was clearly above the runway. What causes this? It really annoys me :evil: :evil: is there anyway we can be compensated for this as it massively affected our rating and funds and the repair bill will be huge.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:43 pm

I'm guessing flight sim detected the crash, a good idea would be to not stall your aircraft above the runway, preferably at all. Did you nose up? Or just power up? A nose up might have caused a tail scrape, which I think would be a crash, although dont quote me on that, Im not sure what you have to do to get FS to say you mucked up...

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:45 pm

yeah but surely stalling doesnt count as a crash, and i didnt scrape it i'm pretty confident of that. Is there any data in the .out file that can establish what caused it?

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:05 pm

Sorry guys, i'm now starting to accept that the crash may have been my fault and the software says i'm guilty. If this can be sorted or explained to me as to what counts as a crash and what doesnt then i'm happy to retract my application for compensation. sorry for my bullsy attidtude in my first post but i was adamant it wasnt my fault. Sorry

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:06 pm

how high above the runway did you stall? i think you mentioned a while ago that at birmingham you can land and not "touch the runway", is that correct? it'd be a bug with FS if that's the case...

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:07 pm

ah that may be it but i'm not that bothered now as my main priority is clawing back the repair bill and my reputation which has been tarnished due to this. Thanks BigQ for offering an excuse for my bad pilot skill LOL