Help... aircraft is AWOL!

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joaopaz

Help... aircraft is AWOL!

Post by joaopaz » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:05 pm

Hi all,

Hope you can help me on this, I'm sure I am missing something...

Yesterday I bought a DC-4 from the Trader's list. The transaction is showing correctly on my Finances screen. The DC-4 dissappeared from the Trader's list .... but my Fleet hangar is stil empty! What happened?!

Thanks!

Joao Paz

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:27 pm

I did some checking because I added another DC-4 to my fleet yesterday also, I wondered if we did it at the same time to the same aircraft and some how one of us overwrote the others transaction but we did it at least 2 hours apart.

One theory I have is there my be a bug in the php code caused by your airlines name "L'Air Azur" the single quote character is a text delimeter in sql and if not handled correctly will cause an error in the query updating the aircraft record in the database. If my theory is correct konny will have to update the code so that when its assigned he does something like this in the php code.

$query = "update FlyNET_Aircrafts set owner_name = '" . mysql_escape_string($airlinename) . "'";

I have had this problem on more than one occasion in my own code.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joaopaz

Post by joaopaz » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:14 pm

Thanks Joe, makes all the sense... probably is the quote chr, yep.

I don't think we bought the same aircraft, though.... yesterday there were three DC4s and today there's just one. So probably my transaction got bugged somewhere along the code. But here's the receipt, just to prove I did it :wink:

I think I'm going to PM Konny about it.

Thanks a lot, Joe!
8)

Joao

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:39 pm

It won't be seen in your hanger, but in the fleet part of your airlines. Try to look there first.

joaopaz

Post by joaopaz » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:30 am

Hi Heather, thanks!

But that's what I did. It is not in my VA Fleet or personal Hangar page ... :cry: Can you imagine bigger frustration? To buy a DC-4 and <grasp> get nothing :wink:

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:38 pm

Well, Joe is right, the apostrophe in your airline name is the problem. Guess my code isn't that advanced that it can handle it so I temporarily renamed your airline and used a accent grave instead. Thanks to Joe I know exactly what I have to do now ( and should consider when I do anything else with mysql ), but it can need some time until I get that fixed for all the mysql queries on the website.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

joaopaz

Post by joaopaz » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:04 am

Hi Konny,

Just saw my DC4 at the Fleet page. Thank You, Sir!
No problem with the apostrophe changed to grave on the airline name. As I'm learning php and MySQL right now I'm very sensible to the kind of trouble that can cause. Thanks for your prompt help whenever I requested. It looks you're doing a supreme job here!

Joao