Wrong airport?!

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

imboden

Wrong airport?!

Post by imboden » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:17 am

So I did the OAS008 flight (CYTZ [Toronto/City Centre]-CYOO[Oshawa]). The flight was fine, except the report for FlyNET. It said I landed at the wrong airport. I know I did not. I know the airport well. Heck, I live probably 10 minutes away from it. I am just wondering if this could be looked into?

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:02 am

I had a smiliar problem too today. As I logged in on a flight that i had booked a while ago (about 2 days), it said that the airplane was at the wrong airport, but it wasn't... closed the client, retried... didn't work...
i had to cancel the flight and rebook it...

related? possibly...

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:55 pm

@BigQ
A booking expires after 24 hours, so actually the client should have said that there's was no booked flight found. Did you check the flight via the "Show booked flight" button or the Briefing Document ( I hope you solved the problem with it ) ?. Maybe you were trying to fly the wrong flight ? ;-)

@imboden
When I look at the flightlog, it seems like your client ended the flight before you departed. Did you change anything concerning your aircraft's position after you refuelled it ? Something which could have made the client thinking you already were airborne ( slew mode or airport change ? ).
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:11 pm

I still have the problem with the "show booked flight" option, so i just check my flight's info after the flight itself...
And i did have the right one...

imboden

Post by imboden » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:11 am

Konny wrote:@imboden
When I look at the flightlog, it seems like your client ended the flight before you departed. Did you change anything concerning your aircraft's position after you refuelled it ? Something which could have made the client thinking you already were airborne ( slew mode or airport change ? ).
I did nothing to the best of knoledge, maybe a lil bit of problems getting airborne, but thats about it. I've never used slew, nor did i change the airport

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:41 pm

Ok, currently I don't have an answer to what happened. Maybe a button to manually end the flight would help.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

imboden

Post by imboden » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:00 am

or something else as well.. define an actuall take off height.. i know i've gone and pulled back on the stick a lil to early. it may have actually gotten my gear off the ground... letting off the stick may have put me on the ground again, hense triggering the issue

recce

Post by recce » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:03 am

not really.... I've gotten away with it quite a few times myself... mind you I try to take off smoothly.... but that sudden shearing wind could do it every time....