Airfield ID

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Airfield ID

Post by Quantum » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:26 pm

Hi,

I'm wanting to add a couple of airfields and want to just check something. In FS9 the airfields are identified by the 3 letter IATA code. I'd like to use these codes on the 'add airport' page as opposed to the obscure ICAO codes that have been allocated to them. FS9 doesn't recognise the ICAO codes but DOES recognise the IATA codes.

Rgds

John

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:33 pm

FS9 recognies ICAO codes. All Airfields in FS9 have an ICAO code. In fact, as far as I know, all airports in Fs9 are identified solely by the ICAO.

EGLL instead of LHR for example.

DanKH
Ticket Agent

Post by DanKH » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:45 pm

You are absolutely right, FS9 doesn't use the three-letter IATA
Best Rgds
Dan

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:48 pm

yup, i always use ICAO codes for FS9. perhaps you confused both types' names?

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:38 pm

Hi Guys,
Quantum wrote:Hi,

I'm wanting to add a couple of airfields and want to just check something. In FS9 the airfields are identified by the 3 letter IATA code. I'd like to use these codes on the 'add airport' page as opposed to the obscure ICAO codes that have been allocated to them. FS9 doesn't recognise the ICAO codes but DOES recognise the IATA codes.

Rgds

John
The airfileds I'm referring to are the two in question below. Yes, normally the genuine ICAO codes are used by FS9 but in this case aren't.

Oban, Scotland ICAO EGE12 IATA OBN FS9 OBN
Mull, Scotland ICAO EGE09 IATA ULL FS9 ULL

On some sites Oban is incorrectly attributed with ICAO code of EGEO but that is incorrect. I'll use FS9's 'IATA' codes, which is what I was going to do anyway but thought I'd check first.

Rgds

John