What does this mean?

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

What does this mean?

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:21 pm

The computer claims that I attempted to cheat and this is what it came up with -
Cheating recognized: MAD: 2.72222 Dist: 4.04938 GS: 310 SR: 1
So, what does it mean it "saw" me doing? I departed, climbed, cruised, and landed without any issues, and only after sliding past 260 knots on descent on accident did I notice that I didn't hear any penalty sound, so I checked and saw that it claimed I'd attempted to cheat, so now I have to go back and to it all over again.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:54 pm

Give Konny everything you can, he's working hard on the anti cheat system.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:45 pm

Well, if he can decode what that string means, I can tell him what all was going on when it happened and identify where the issue is. :)

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:12 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Well, if he can decode what that string means, I can tell him what all was going on when it happened and identify where the issue is. :)
Exactly. I know the way the old AC worked was determingin rapid long changes, but on polar flights, (great circle) it would always set off the anti cheat. With detailed info on what you did on the flight, it will help a lot.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:24 pm

Justin, you're not reading.

Let Konny reply to this with what that string means and I'll go from there. This was for Konny in the first place anyway.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:20 pm

CAP flyer

I am not arguing with you, nor am I saying I know the exact nature of your problem. I am telling you things you should do, based on my past experience

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:51 pm

Thanks for the report CAPFlyer, I think I know what the problem is.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:05 am

cmdrnmartin wrote:CAP flyer

I am not arguing with you, nor am I saying I know the exact nature of your problem. I am telling you things you should do, based on my past experience
Justin, I've been doing BETA testing for years. I'm quite well aware of what needs to be reported. I was not reporting a bug, simply trying to understand what it was telling me for reason so I could understand what I may have done to trigger the "Cheat Detector" and if there are any programs or procedures I do that I need to watch out for in the future to ensure I don't cause my computer to do the same things it did to trigger it. That's why I put it under the "Bugs & Problems" forum, to figure out where my problem originated.

Konny, what does that code tell you? I would like to know to see if it's something I'm doing that's causing it.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:11 pm

Cheating recognized: MAD: 2.72222 Dist: 4.04938 GS: 310 SR: 1
MAD stands for Maximum Allowed Distance which is calculated from the the Ground Speed and the Simulation Rate. And if the actual distance flown since the last check is higher than the MAD ;-) a cheating is attempt is recognized.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:20 pm

Okay, then that explains what happened.

I had a hiccup in the sim as it did some thinking on other issues and then when the sim restarted in real-time (i.e. actually feeding data) it jumped ahead the several miles that had been flown in the background while the front-end processing completed.

I'll be aware of that and not load down my computer like that again.