Rude posts

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Ionathan
Captain

Rude posts

Post by Ionathan » Wed May 24, 2006 10:07 am

Today I found a rude post in my VA's forum with links to adult sites. Of course, I immediately deleted it. Maybe some mechanism should be in place for tracking IPs and no posting should be allowed unless by guests (not logged on users). Anyway, the specific post is gone now.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

ben_davies247

Post by ben_davies247 » Wed May 24, 2006 12:04 pm

Yes, I agree. But as long as it was deleted with the minimum number of people seeing it I suppose its out of the way. But I dont see the logical point of putting it there, because there is none! I dont kow about you but I cant think of anyone who would think:

"Hmmmm, lets post links to adult sites on a flight simulation forum!"
Weirdo

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed May 24, 2006 1:48 pm

Nikos -

You need to report the username to Justin or Konny. They may have the IP address, just not where it's publically available or even available to the moderators of the forums. But that's what the site Admins are for, banning abusive users.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Wed May 24, 2006 2:21 pm

Would that I could Capflyer! But ben hit the nail on the head, the admin can change the settings for this borad, and your forums, so that only registered people can post. Im no admin, just a moderator, and even then only for selected areas of the forums. I have no ability to remove offensive posts from the VA forums, except my own.

Anyways, guest accounts are tricky, and id rather not have them. Anyone can be a guest, and the ip tracking thing is easy to do only for people who are registered. Konny might have it, and he can deal with it, but not moi.

Cheers boys (and thanks Io for your quick response time)

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Wed May 24, 2006 2:38 pm

Chris, I was about to comment but Justin was faster. There was no username related to the initial post but it was sent by "guest". I don't know if I can prevent guests from posting to my forum. In the past I had it restricted to Ionathan pilots only but I decided it is better to allow all FlyNet members to post. The problem is that this way it is open to guests as well.

As, it concerns the reason why someone did this, I can only say it is immature attitude. Obviously someone thought it was funny...
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

ben_davies247

Post by ben_davies247 » Wed May 24, 2006 5:01 pm

It said Guest and an Email address above it. I was going to get the address, but Ionathan deleted the post before I could.

Anyway, yeah, well done for the fast respnse time. You could teach the english forces a thing or two in response times (especially the police)

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed May 24, 2006 5:03 pm

Hm, this is the reason why only registered users can post in the main FlyNET forums. I have to change this setting for each forum manually and somehow I didn't think of that when adding the airlines' forums :oops: .

I could block the ip, but if the post has been the deleted the ip is gone, too ;-)
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Thu May 25, 2006 10:04 am

ben_davies247 wrote:Anyway, yeah, well done for the fast respnse time. You could teach the english forces a thing or two in response times (especially the police)
Well, the police response time is not too bad in Athens but don't ask about the Greek Emergency Medical Service...
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

ben_davies247

Post by ben_davies247 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:27 am

Our Medical and Fire service our great. But the poolice cant really be bothred with disturbances. Only big crimes. And even then there slow :cry: