Package System Updates

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Package System Updates

Post by joefremont » Sun May 30, 2021 4:47 pm

Over the next few months I hope to roll out a number of incremental updates to the package system, the first of which was deployed today.

Starting today (May 30, 2021) the fee for delivering a package to airport close to where you have landed has been changed from 1% per a nm to 2v$ per nm per kg.

On reflecting on the way delivery of packages worked, it made no sense that it would cost more to deliver a package to another airport if that package travelled longer distance compared to one that travelled a shorter distance. In almost all cases this will result in a lower delivery fee. however the maximum distance a package can be delivered remains 50 nm.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Package System Updates

Post by joefremont » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:01 pm

I noticed the other day that the program that was purging old packages was not working. It was supposed to delete any package that had not been picked up after 14 days. But it had incorrectly been set to delete no more than 300k packages a day but we are adding almost 400k packages a day into the database, so instead of the 5m packages I expected to be available there were about 17m.

I noticed this because I made a fix last month because packages are not supposed to be created for distances less than 100 nm but in some cases for super airports 40kg packages were being created for distances as low as 50 nm and they were not disappearing the way I expected.

So I have updated that purge program to make it a bit more robust and to delete a few million at a time. The number of excess package has dropped from 12m to about 5m and the remainder will be deleted over the next couple days.

Tower
Ticket Agent

Post by Tower » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:40 pm

May be this is not the appropriated post to ask this question, but I don't know...here we go.... Lately, our pilots have reported to the VA staff, a frequent lack of packages in general, I mean, in many airports (the most), even those which are theoretically special cargo airports, as Leipzig (EDDP), Frankfurt (EDDF) or Eat Midlands (EGNX).
Since we are a cargo airline, it is very usual, several weeks ago, to take-off our planes with a 20 or 30% of cargo packs, due to the fact of there is not packs enough to fill the aircraft. Even picking up packages for destinations inside 50 NM circle, or sometimes a bit far from this distance, there is no way to complete the cargo capacitiy of our aircraft.
Bearing in mind that we belong to FSA system, since end of 2018, we have a good experience about cargo procedures, and the dy-by-day management of cargo work.
Nowadays, it seem to be a weird situation. Have any changes be done recently? Is there any logical explanation for this behavior of the package system??
Thanks in advance. :wink:
Night navigation is so easy. Just try to maintain the plane centered between the red light on your left and the green one on your right.

OutlawCargo-Jarrod
Ticket Agent

Post by OutlawCargo-Jarrod » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:31 am

I don't see any issues.
It's Fine Airlines

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:48 pm

I just did some checking and things look normal to me. They system creates about 500k packages a day and those packages live for two weeks if nobody picks them up. There were some bugs I fixed late last year where packages were not getting deleted after two weeks and there were some tweaks I did to ty to reduce the number of 40k packages at very large airports, but again, that was a few months ago. Maybe there is more traffic on the routes your flying?