Package reporting bug

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Package reporting bug

Post by joefremont » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Hi Flyers.

Today I found a bug in the package system where in some cases, the volume of packages were way above the limit of what the aircraft could carry. The problem was not that the pilots had loaded more packages than allowed, but that the same packages was reported multiple times on the same flight, let me explain:

In the database there is one entry for each package. When a package is moved on a flight a 'package log' entry is created in the database saying this flight report moved this package from airport X to airport Y. In some cases, probably when numbers were being recalculated those package logs were being duplicated, which caused the total package to be over reported on the flight report.

To make a long story short, I have deleted the extra package logs from the database, recalculated the flights in question and updated the code and the database so that it can not happen again.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

yvjjflores
Ticket Agent

Re: Package reporting bug

Post by yvjjflores » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:08 pm

Nice Joe....

Tower
Ticket Agent

Re: Package reporting bug

Post by Tower » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:54 pm

Excelent job, and really "realistic". Thanks, Joe
Night navigation is so easy. Just try to maintain the plane centered between the red light on your left and the green one on your right.