Website Update - Hide Last Names

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Website Update - Hide Last Names

Post by joefremont » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:17 pm

I made a couple updates to the website today.

Now VA's can hide the last names of there pilots from being displayed on the site. There is a new entry in the VA Settings page 'Hide pilots last name', when this is turned on the first initial of the pilots last name will show on the site instead of the full last name. The XML/VA interface also will observe this property. If on only the site admins will see the full name and only on your profile page or support tickets.

Also, you can now edit your pilots name. Our rule has always been that you should use your real name on the site, so the only real reason to change the name was if you either had or were planning on braking that rule, so editing was not allowed. But I know many pilots have not entered there real name and now that you can hide the last name maybe this will encourage people to update it.

Lastly in an unrelated update. On the page where pilots load packages for there flights, it no longer allows you to load packages from aircraft where the flight is booked, this should help prevent pilots who load there planes with packages, having those packages taken by another pilot before they take off. The VA -> Packages page has not been changed.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ravenblade
Ticket Agent

Re: Website Update - Hide Last Names

Post by ravenblade » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:45 pm

Thank you for this update... our pilots will appreciate this very much!
"The first jet I ever saw, I shot down." ~General Chuck Yeager

ravenblade - CEO - All American