Airport Database update

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Airport Database update

Post by joefremont » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:46 am

I have just finished an update to the airport database to include airport information from P3D version 5. Now while P3D5 does have updated airport codes compared to FSX and P3D4 I have not changed the code we use for any airports, although the airport name, city name and runway information has been updated from V5 for existing airports. I have said many times that when a majority of pilots use a flight simulator that has updated codes I will update the airport database to reflect that but as of now only 36% of flights recorded in the 30 days do that. Sims that have updated codes include X-Plane 11, P3D v5 and the upcoming MSFS 2020, although I don't yet have an airport list yet for FS2020.

For those interested there are 951 airports in P3D5 that use a different code from what we are using in the database.

These changes include:

24549 airport imported from P3D5 including 247 new airports.

Of the 247 new airports that were created, 61 used an icao code that is already assigned to an airport in the database, in those cases a '-p5' suffix was added to the code used by the new airport.

In addition to that, some years back I tried using a site called ourairports.com as a source for airports and imported a large number of airports from them, as time went on the information from that site proved to be much more unreliable than I first though, so to try to move away from it I am deleting a number of airports imported from them that did not have official airport codes and were never used by any of our pilots (no routes to or from, no flights to or from), All of these airports used a code that consisted of a two character country code and a four digit number separated by a dash (XX-0000). There were just over 8000 such airports removed.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Tower
Ticket Agent

Re: Airport Database update

Post by Tower » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:18 pm

Thanks, Joe. Good and excellent job. :wink:
Night navigation is so easy. Just try to maintain the plane centered between the red light on your left and the green one on your right.

ramon.cutanda
Ticket Agent

Re: Airport Database update

Post by ramon.cutanda » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:03 pm

Thank you for the hard work!
Ramón Cutanda / PePaOlé / PPO101