New Feature: Type VA Rank Updatges

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

New Feature: Type VA Rank Updatges

Post by joefremont » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:02 pm

Hi Flyers

I have just released some new features for VA Ranks. First, you can now assign type ratings directly to a rank, all pilots who have that rank will automatically be able to book and fly those aircraft. You can still assign type ratings directly to pilots as before and if the type rating is assigned for both the pilot and the rank the training flag on the pilot will take precedence. But if the type rating is assigned to the rank you may not remove it from the pilot.

Second you can now define promotion rules for the rank so that when the meets the qualifications the are automatically promoted to the next rank. The rules you can define are:
  • Required number of flights
  • Required number of flight hours.
  • Adjust flights by sim rate and rating
  • Minimum rating (Flights below this rating percent are ignored).
  • Flight type (Scheduled, Training, Co-pilot or All
  • Return to base: The get the rating only after they fly back to this fleet base.
  • Major penalties reset progress: If true and the pilot crashes, runs out of fuel or lands at the wrong airport there progress toward promotion is reset to zero.
  • Next Rank:
Flight hours are calculated as 'standard hours' which is based on the flight distance and cruise speed, actual hours are not used because it's too easy to manipulate in the simulator and for some simulators (X-Plane) time calculation is a big buggy.

If ''Adjust flights by sim rate and rating' is selected then the number of flights is reduced by the rating in the flight, so a 90% flight counts as 0.9 flights, and the flight hours are reduced by the sim rate. For flights longer than 3 hours the first 30 minutes would be assumed to be at 1x and then next hour would be at 4x, and for flights less than 3 hours the first 1/6 would be at 1x and the next 1/3 would be at 4 x.

You can also select which count toward promotion, but you can only select the aircraft that the rank has type ratings for. So you can say pilots for this rank can fly the Cessna and the 737 but only flight using the 737 count toward promotion.

Only the flights that happen after the pilot gets the rank count toward promotion to the next rank. And if when editing the rank you select "Reset promotion progress to zero" the progress of all pilots who currently hold that rank is set to zero.

You may not setup an automatic promotion to a rank that has the 'Settings' permission.

Lastly off the page where all the airlines ranks are listed there is a new management option 'Assign Rank'. This page allows you to quickly change the rank of all the pilots in the airline except for those who have a rank with settings permission.

Happy Flying.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Tower
Ticket Agent

Re: New Feature: Type VA Rank Updatges

Post by Tower » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:05 pm

Hi, Joe,
I have been trying to find those features, but I wasn't able to get it into my manager user page, at least not today. Is it something you are going to implement in short?
Thanks for help me.

Regards,
Juan Torres
Night navigation is so easy. Just try to maintain the plane centered between the red light on your left and the green one on your right.

Captain K-Man
Ticket Agent

Post by Captain K-Man » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Thank you Joe! This will be very helpful. It was getting very hard for my officers and I to keep on top of promotions. Automating this system will help greatly.

There is one question. We like to send out messages/letters to promoted pilots to congratulate them and we also post promotions to our VA's website weekly and on our Discord. Are we going to have any way of knowing who just got promoted with this new automated system? We'd still like to be able to see who is actually getting promoted on a weekly basis. Any new reports kick out this information for us or can the messaging system send officers a message letting them know a pilot was promoted?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:42 pm

Captain K-Man wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:24 pm
Thank you Joe! This will be very helpful. It was getting very hard for my officers and I to keep on top of promotions. Automating this system will help greatly.

There is one question. We like to send out messages/letters to promoted pilots to congratulate them and we also post promotions to our VA's website weekly and on our Discord. Are we going to have any way of knowing who just got promoted with this new automated system? We'd still like to be able to see who is actually getting promoted on a weekly basis. Any new reports kick out this information for us or can the messaging system send officers a message letting them know a pilot was promoted?
When a pilot is promoted, the system does send out messages to the pilot and too the VA members who have 'pilots' permission like this:
Pilot [pilot name], has earned promotion from the rank of Student Pilot 2 to Student Pilot 3

Captain K-Man
Ticket Agent

Post by Captain K-Man » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:54 pm

I just noticed the system sent me 5 messages all at once. I assume it automatically scanned all the pilots when I turned the new system on and it is promoting all happily? :) This is great!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:20 pm

Captain K-Man wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:54 pm
I just noticed the system sent me 5 messages all at once. I assume it automatically scanned all the pilots when I turned the new system on and it is promoting all happily? :) This is great!
Nice!

Tower
Ticket Agent

Post by Tower » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:50 pm

Please, and I asked for the second time.... Where can I manage the automatic raks promotion? I can not find the option into the FSA management webpage. Where is the option, or the menu?

Thanks again.
Night navigation is so easy. Just try to maintain the plane centered between the red light on your left and the green one on your right.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:00 pm

Tower wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:50 pm
Please, and I asked for the second time.... Where can I manage the automatic raks promotion? I can not find the option into the FSA management webpage. Where is the option, or the menu?

Thanks again.
Starting from your VA page select 'VA Ranks' in the options in the right.
Next to each rank name is an edit icon that is a square with a pencil in it, click on that.
Scroll down till you see a section titled "Automatic Promotion Rules", its right before all the type ratings on the bottom of that page.

Also from the VA page you can select 'Edit VA Settings' from management options,
The ranks are listed on the bottom of the page, select the Edit icon on the same line as the rank and that will also take you to the same page where the "Automatic Promotion Rules" are located.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:38 pm

Question: when we set flights/hours threshold, do both have to be achieved to attain the next level promotion or just one of them?

Question2: how can we tell where a pilot is within their current rank in regards to flights/hours to next promotion?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:39 pm

Cat wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:38 pm
Question: when we set flights/hours threshold, do both have to be achieved to attain the next level promotion or just one of them?
Both

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:42 pm

thanks for answer on flights/hours, I edited and added a 2nd question while you were replying ---- sorry, my bad :roll:

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:43 pm

Cat wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:38 pm
Question2: how can we tell where a pilot is within their current rank in regards to flights/hours to next promotion?
No problem Sam, that information is now on the pilots 'logbook' page, including the percent of progress they are to the goal.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:46 am

Sweet
thanks!

Tower
Ticket Agent

Post by Tower » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:02 pm

joefremont wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:00 pm

Starting from your VA page select 'VA Ranks' in the options in the right.
Next to each rank name is an edit icon that is a square with a pencil in it, click on that.
Scroll down till you see a section titled "Automatic Promotion Rules", its right before all the type ratings on the bottom of that page.

Also from the VA page you can select 'Edit VA Settings' from management options,
The ranks are listed on the bottom of the page, select the Edit icon on the same line as the rank and that will also take you to the same page where the "Automatic Promotion Rules" are located.
Thank you, Joe. Finally, I found it with your help.In the begining, it is not easy to guess where to look for, without your instructions.

Once more, thank you very much.