Client 2.4 Beta

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Client 2.4 Beta

Post by Cat » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:05 pm

Just me again - Question: Is the client supposed to abort the flight when one makes a Scenery Library change? Mine just did.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:25 pm

Cat wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:05 pm
Just me again - Question: Is the client supposed to abort the flight when one makes a Scenery Library change? Mine just did.
No, but it might lose contact with it if the sim is away doing something for a while. In that case it might abort the flight thinking you have turned off the sim.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:21 pm

I am about to release 2.4-rc5. I wanted to release a 2.4.0 stable but there are still a few issues relating to MSFS that are not resolved, and I think they seam to be related to bugs within the SimConnect interface within MSFS itself, so I am going to hold off for another week. So the changes in this version are:

- Autosave is now off by default, if you want to use it go into the clients options and turn it on.
- Support for FSUIPC7 interface for MSFS.
- Changes to try reduce in flight aborts when the client loses contact with the sim.
- Changes to try to improve performance within MSFS.
- If the distance to your destination is farther than the range of your aircraft a 'Technical Stop Required" warning is shown in the clients information screen.

Known issues
- Autosave in MSFS does not work and is currently disabled.
- When using FSUIPC the client can not read the current sim rate or if the simulator is paused.
- There are well documented performance issues for applications using SimConnect such as FSAirlines and FSUIPC, this is a problem with MSFS itself and we will have to wait for Asobo/M$ to fix it.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.