Feature Co-Pilot.

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Feature Co-Pilot.

Post by joefremont » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:08 pm

Hi Flyers!

I think we are ready to start testing the new Co-pilot system. For this first round of testing you will need to use the beta website (https://beta.fsairlines.net). For now I am going to keep the numbers small by only announcing it on the forum.

Here is how you use the new system.

Step 1: Book a flight.

Pretty obvious, you book this as normal.

Step 2: Invite Crew

In the options for the 'Book Flight' pages, there is a new option 'Manage Flight Crew', In this you will see a list of all the pilots for your airline and partner airlines, select the role you want to offer to each pilot and then push the 'Update' button on the bottom, at which point invitation messages are sent to the pilots. To see a descriptions of the roles and what they mean you can read this earlier post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9541

Step 3: The crew members accept

First each of the crew members receive a message that they have been invited, then can then either go to 'Book Flight' and then 'Crew Assignments' or on the top of each page a new link that reads 'You have been invited to be a crew member on a flight' will show up under the page title, if you follow these links to the 'Crew Assignment' page and you will see a list of all the booked flights departing your current location. If you have been invited there will be buttons where you can either 'Accept' or 'Decline' the offer. You can only accept one flight, if more than one offer is pending and you accept one, all the others are marked as declined. Alternately you can select 'Decline All' and all offers are declined.

Step 4: Request to be part of a flight (Optional)

If you have not been invited to be on a flight you can request to be on it in the same 'Crew Assignment' page, where you will be shown a list of all the roles you qualify for and after selecting they role they want you press update and then a message is sent to the lead pilot.

Step 5: Review crew members (Optional)

The lead pilot can return to the 'Manage Flight Crew' and update the assignments. For pilots who have been offered roles you can decline them, for pilots who have requested roles you can either accept or decline them. If some has accepted a role and you later want to change the role, you must decline them and then re-invite them.

Step 6: Fly the Flight

Once all the pilots have confirmed you may start your flight in the client. Any pilots who have either been invited or requested to be part of the flight, who have not confirmed are marked as 'declined' at this point.

Only the lead pilot is required to run the client for there flight. Any of the other crew members who log into the client will be shown the flight information and will be told if there airport or aircraft is not correct, but the client will not track there flight.

Once the flight arrives, reports will be generated for all crew members (except jump seats).

The client with co-pilots enabled can be downloaded here:

https://www.fsairlines.net/downloads/FS ... .4-b01.exe

Note: When you use the client, you may see in the screen a button labeled 'Deliver All Packages'. If you press this now it does not do anything as I have not finished the backend part of that feature.

If you find any issues, please post it here.

Thanks and happy flying.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Re: Co-Pilot Beta Testing.

Post by BVU-951 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:02 pm

Hi Joe,
I have just landed at SBGL on a round trip using technical stops, and the whole package system is not working, I have the new client and have got a co-pilot with me, should I wait at SBGL for you to review the situation , or should I fly on ?
Now at SBVT unable to load or unload, same at SBPS
Alan Peel

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Re: Co-Pilot Beta Testing.

Post by BVU-951 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:02 pm

UPDATE
my issue with packages is nothing to do with having a Co-Pilot, just unfortunate that the package problem caused the co-pilot to loose a lot of V$