Beta Testing: Restore Flight

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Beta Testing: Restore Flight

Post by joefremont » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:56 am

How many times have you been getting ready to land and suddenly your sim crashes and you have to restart the flight from the beginning. Well I finally may have come up with a solution.

Its not as perfect a solution as I would have liked, while I figured out how to have the client save the flight, I could not get it to load the flight, so you will have to do this yourself. Second, it does not work for X-Plane. Since we use XPUIPC as the interface, and they did not implement the safe flight method I don't have a way to do it.

The way it works is every two minutes the client will save its in progress data and ask the sim to save the current flight. When the sim or client does crash on you do the following.

Load the simulator then load the flight/scenario "FSA Autosave" and immediately pause the simulator.
Load the client, or if its already loaded press fly and the client will show three buttons similar to continue, view or delete the saved flight, press 'continue flight' and then when the client is ready you can un-pause the simulator and continue. If the simulator things the loaded flight does not match its saved data it will reject it.

You can download the beta client with this feature in from the download page or this link:

https://www.fsairlines.net/downloads/FS ... .3.2.3.exe

Please report back here if there are any problems.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

hajiamini
Rampie

Re: Beta Testing: Restore Flight

Post by hajiamini » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:01 am

I tested in FSX (simcheck A300) . worked good.
can you add section in Setting for active and deactive Restore Flight mode in client ?

sabahassani
Ticket Agent

Post by sabahassani » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:48 am

Hi there
I also tested on fsx. everything is fine but my fsx glitches due to continues saving procedure. if you could add an option to disable this feature it is really frustrating because of this graphic glitches.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:37 pm

Thanks for that info, I will add an option to disable the auto-save, and may be reduce the frequency from 2 to 5 minutes.

Too bad it has such an impact on FSX, you barely notice on P3D.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:28 pm

I d/l the beta client soon after it became available,After a few days i got a message that i was using an out of date client and it automatically updated itself.
I thought i was still on the beta client but obviously i wasn,t because my sim just froze on approach to LEBL .I thought wrong because there was no FSAAutosave so am having to do the flight again.I am using FS9 and flying the AN225. :oops:
Yours Stan

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:05 am

Stan wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:28 pm
I d/l the beta client soon after it became available,After a few days i got a message that i was using an out of date client and it automatically updated itself.
I thought i was still on the beta client but obviously i wasn,t because my sim just froze on approach to LEBL .I thought wrong because there was no FSAAutosave so am having to do the flight again.I am using FS9 and flying the AN225. :oops:
I think I updated the beta just after you downloaded it, and the auto update downloads the stable version. I should fix that so if your on the beta it downloads the next beta.

sabahassani
Ticket Agent

Post by sabahassani » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:00 am

joefremont wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:37 pm
Thanks for that info, I will add an option to disable the auto-save, and may be reduce the frequency from 2 to 5 minutes.

Too bad it has such an impact on FSX, you barely notice on P3D.
thank you very much. you rock man :D can you make it possible to this option will be disabled in approach phase. i think it would be helpful to have it only on cruise level.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:34 am

I tried it again but the data didn,t match.The crash was scenery related and i am now doing the flight again for the 5th time with all scenery for that airport disabled.Fingers crossed.
Yours Stan

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:31 pm

Stan wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:34 am
I tried it again but the data didn,t match.The crash was scenery related and i am now doing the flight again for the 5th time with all scenery for that airport disabled.Fingers crossed.
Did you by chance divert during the flight? If so I have a fix for that that I should get out this weekend.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:57 pm

Yes i did divert on that flight and i think i have sorted the scenery problem out.Thanks.
Yours Stan

MrBingham
Ticket Agent

Post by MrBingham » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:28 am

Hi,

with the new client version the restore flight coming alive. Its a good item i think.

But i have now the problem that my flight sim (P3D v4.5) is stopped (No Programm Response) by everytime (every two minutes) that the client save the current aircraft position.

Should that be so? :?: :?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:27 pm

MrBingham wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:28 am
Hi,

with the new client version the restore flight coming alive. Its a good item i think.

But i have now the problem that my flight sim (P3D v4.5) is stopped (No Programm Response) by everytime (every two minutes) that the client save the current aircraft position.

Should that be so? :?: :?
I run P3D v4.5 also and don't see any pause myself, but you can disable it by clicking 'disable autosave' in the clients options.

MrBingham
Ticket Agent

Post by MrBingham » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:14 pm

joefremont wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:27 pm

I run P3D v4.5 also and don't see any pause myself, but you can disable it by clicking 'disable autosave' in the clients options.
Thanks for your answer. I will give it a try. I hope that the Option will be run without issues in the future :))
btw here is a screenshot from the short freezing. Maybe it can be helpful. I pointed out with the red line (but its in German))
No Response.jpg
No Response.jpg (160.23 KiB) Viewed 17207 times

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:23 am

I have the new Client installed and am getting those pauses as well.

P3Dv4.5

Regards,
Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:04 am

flugkapitan wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:23 am
I have the new Client installed and am getting those pauses as well.

P3Dv4.5

Regards,
Scott
If select the option 'disable autosave' does it go away? I think I may have to see if I can detect when the autosave takes to long and turn that feature off by default.