Beta Testing: Restore Flight

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Re: Beta Testing: Restore Flight

Post by flugkapitan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi Joe,

I unselected that option after my flight last night. Will try another flight tonight to see if that eliminates the pausing.

The pauses in my case were of about 5 seconds duration, which can be a serious problem during takeoff and especially landing (which indeed it was at KDEN).

Cheers,
Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:26 pm

flugkapitan wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:34 pm
Hi Joe,

I unselected that option after my flight last night. Will try another flight tonight to see if that eliminates the pausing.

The pauses in my case were of about 5 seconds duration, which can be a serious problem during takeoff and especially landing (which indeed it was at KDEN).

Cheers,
Scott
What sim are you using? I wonder if disabling the autosave when under a certain altitude (say 1000ft) would make it more tolerable.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:14 am

Hi Joe,

I'm using P3Dv4.5

After I loaded the Client I went into "options" to make certain the auto save option was checked = disabled.

I flew KDEN (Flightbeam airport scenery) to KLAX (default) in the PMDG B77W, the same aircraft I flew last night. Also using Orbx World and North America LC, along with Rex 4 Textures Direct/Rex Sky Force 3D/ActiveSky for P3Dv4.

Flight trackers in addition to FSA: Navigraph/projectFLY/Simbuddy. The flight trackers were running on 1 networked PC & 2 Laptops.

Computer specs:

Corsair Hydro Series Liquid CPU Cooler H60
Intel 7th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processor i7-7700K 4.2 GHz
LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM Optical Drive DRW-24B1ST
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (2)
Toshiba 3TB Desktop 7200RPM Internal HD
Corsair Power Supply RMX 850W
Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Performance Full Tower Case
MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 SLI DirectX 12 VR Ready Graphics Card
Windows 10 Home
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX PCIe 5.1 Sound Card with High Performance Headphone Amp

No issues whatsoever during this flight.

Hope some of this info is useful!

Regards,
Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

fackprod
Ticket Agent

Post by fackprod » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:10 pm

Everyone else has probably sussed this out by now and I may be dragging my heels, but.....

FSX-SE KJFK-EGLL B748 and 170 nm from landing, decending from FL350 - 270 and WIN10 starts blue revolving circle pausing sim. Windows does not come out of this and FSX now - not responding. Great I think, we have a Continue Flight option. Wrong! Despite following instructions 'loaded file does not match backup data (6)' Continue not allowed.

FSX resumed flight was perfect right down to NMs from Heathrow and altitude at just above target. Spent sone time searching for other FSAAutosave options but could only find file as selected. End result. Landed in London but Client does not recognise.

Someone care to suggest where I went wrong? FSX/File/Load/FSAAutosave
Thanks
fackprod

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:19 pm

The number in the 'loaded file does not match backup data (6)'" message is a clue as to why the client did not accept it. in this case 6 means the speed and the location between the saved flight and the current flight were too different for it to accept it as a continuation of the same flight. Maybe you waited to long between loading the flight and pushing the 'continue' button?

Its also possible that the freeze in your flight simulator happened while the data was being saved and the client saved its data the simulator did not save its? (or maybe the other way around).

fackprod
Ticket Agent

Post by fackprod » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:53 am

Thanks. Out of curiosity, what does code (E) indicate. I tried to Continue again earlier today and got the same dosent match msge but eith E in brackets thus time. As I said, just curious.
Txs

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:50 pm

The value in the parentheses is actually a combination of codes added to together as a hexadecimal number, the components of that are:

1 - Wrong Aircraft Type
2 - Distance different
4 - Altitude different
8 - Fuel levels different
10 - Empty weight different
20 - Max weight different
40 - Arrival airport different

So in this case E = 2 + 4 + 8, so distance, altitude and fuel were all different.

gcl
Ticket Agent

Post by gcl » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:15 am

Sim crashed after more than 6 flight hours. Had some trouble to restore the flight, because the crash destroyed the fsa_autosave, so I had to go back for 40 minutes. But, anyway, the restore worked fine! Thank you so much!!! I got a fuel penalty, but thats ok.

FSX with latest stable client used.

mark171
Ticket Agent

Post by mark171 » Mon May 11, 2020 12:38 am

The value in the parentheses is actually a combination of codes added to together as a hexadecimal number, the components of that are:

1 - Wrong Aircraft Type
2 - Distance different
4 - Altitude different
8 - Fuel levels different
10 - Empty weight different
20 - Max weight different
40 - Arrival airport different
Thanks for posting that - it has turned out to be extremely useful. I lost a few flights as the client didn't like the saved flight. Now I know what that code means I have been able to rescue some (by moving position and/or removing fuel).
Regards,
Mark

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:18 pm

In the new 2.4.0 release of the client the auto save feature changed from being enabled by default to being disabled by default. If you want to use this feature you need to go into the clients settings and select 'enable autosave'. This change was made in RC5 of the beta client.

JasonO
Ticket Agent

Post by JasonO » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:29 pm

Is it confirmed to work in MSFS?
-------------------------------
PremiAir UK | CEO
🌏 www.premiair-va.uk

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:09 pm

JasonO wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:29 pm
Is it confirmed to work in MSFS?
No, it definatly does not work in MSFS and for now I have disabled it. If at some point M$ fixes the problem with saving via simconnect I will re-enable it.