New Features for mid April

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

New Features for mid April

Post by joefremont » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:28 am

Hi Flyers.

Before I got too deep into the cargo changes I though I would bang out a few small features people have asked for so here are some things I just deployed.

Place Aircraft on Hold

As an officer of your airline you can now place a hold on an aircraft. Its just like an administrator grounding it but you are doing it rather than an admin. When an aircraft has a hold placed on it, it can not be flown, transferred, sold or even repaired until the hold is released.

You can place or release the hold from the aircrafts information page.

Donate to your Airline

You as a pilot can now give V$ and your aircraft to your virtual airline. You can only give aircraft that have are designated as 'commercial' and once given there is no way to get it back.

During the first two weeks of an airlines existence, when it's still in provisional status you can donate V$ with a 25x multiplier until the VA has 1 billion in assets, 10x until it has 2 billion in assets and 5x after that. The multiplier for donation only lasts for that first two weeks but will end early once an aircraft is sold or leased, after that all donations are at 1x (no multiplier). I am a bit paranoid about this becoming a channel for financial games so I am being a bit restrictive on it, and if anybody does play games with it you had better watch out.

The donation link is in the options on your profile page.

Fleet Aircraft Export CSV

You can now export a CSV spreadsheet for all the aircraft in your VA. It can be accessed on the fleet page and is in the management options. It always exports the aircraft in all fleets.

Carry on and Happy Flying.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: New Features for mid April

Post by joefremont » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:38 pm

Another tiny feature.

The tables in the aircraft market and the fleet page for 'all fleets' you can now sort them by clicking on the column headers.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:21 am

Nice work! Happy Easter! 8)

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:48 pm

Hi Joe,

Many thanks for these features. I've not been able to donate any of my personal cash to my airline it just says you may not donate any more than 0.

My personal aircraft went across no problem.

Could we also have the new all fleets sorting feature on the assign to fleet area too since that is sort of the same thing?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:27 pm

ADAM-007 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:48 pm
Hi Joe,

Many thanks for these features. I've not been able to donate any of my personal cash to my airline it just says you may not donate any more than 0.

My personal aircraft went across no problem.

Could we also have the new all fleets sorting feature on the assign to fleet area too since that is sort of the same thing?
Actually there was a bug in the message, it should have said a number that is 10,000 v$ less than your current budget. Since FSA starts you off with 10k, you can't donate your last 10k.

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:53 am

joefremont wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:27 pm
Actually there was a bug in the message, it should have said a number that is 10,000 v$ less than your current budget. Since FSA starts you off with 10k, you can't donate your last 10k.
May thanks Joe,

I tried to donate all of my balance to the last 10k. Its donated some but now says I may not donate less that the 42mil i now have. I'm trying to donate all of mine since i'm a platinum member the cash doesn't benefit me at all.

Oh, slight update its allowed me to do it in 'bits' i.e separating it into 20million at a time.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:42 pm

ADAM-007 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:53 am
joefremont wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:27 pm
May thanks Joe,

I tried to donate all of my balance to the last 10k. Its donated some but now says I may not donate less that the 42mil i now have. I'm trying to donate all of mine since i'm a platinum member the cash doesn't benefit me at all.

Oh, slight update its allowed me to do it in 'bits' i.e separating it into 20million at a time.
I knew things were going too smoothly. Found another bug that was deducting 10k from your budget for max deduction, and then deducting 10k again in the test. Fixed now and you can click on the maxium amount and it will fill it in for you, and when your creating a new VA you have the option of 'donating' your personal funds instead of getting a grant or a loan. You need to have at least 1m to do so and its slightly more generous of a multiplier than regular donations but not much.

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:59 pm

Excellent, glad I could help you get those buys squashed early on!

Tower
Ticket Agent

Post by Tower » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:38 pm

Good job, Joe. Very useful features.
Thanks,
Night navigation is so easy. Just try to maintain the plane centered between the red light on your left and the green one on your right.