Client Beta 2.2.1.b3 Released

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Client Beta 2.2.1.b3 Released

Post by joefremont » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:12 pm

Greetings Flyers!

I have released the first beta for what will become the v2.2.2 client fixing a few bugs that were found in 2.2.1. The major changes here are probably ones that will not be very popular but are still a bugs.

First the calculation that determined the repair status of engines was broken and was not reducing them after flights, this is probably a very old bug but is now fixed in this beta.

Second, another old bug, is that the system that determined when things failed was also broken and would only shut things off in very rare situations, this is now also fixed. The way it will work now is if a system has a repair status of less than 98% there is a chance (98 - repair status)% that some time in the next 12 hours of flying that it will fail. This does mean that things are less likely to fail on shorter flights but that's what you would expect. Also if a system fails you will now see it on the flight report as "Engine Failed" or "Gear Failed", etc, along with the other penalties and warnings. To be clear, this is not a penalty and there is no reduction for this, it is just informational. In fact you should consider it a badge of honor if you suffered a failure and brought the plane home safe.

Be aware that just because one system failed there is still a chance that another system will fail. If your aircraft engines all have a status of 88%, there is a 10% chance that each of the engines will fail. So on a twin engine aircraft that chance that one engine will fail is 19% and that both will fail is 1%.

Third some pilots have reported the client was not reading the blackbox.xml file, I made some updates to that, and you can now put the blackbox.xml file in your Documents\FSAirlines folder and it will find it there.

Finally one pilot was reporting the client was slowing down his sim's FPS, so I added some experimental code that will check how long it took to read from the sim and if it takes too long will slow down the rate at which it reads the data to have less of an impact.

Happy Flying.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Client Beta 2.2.1.b2 Released

Post by joefremont » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:17 pm

Oh and if you want the installer with the X-Plane Plugin its here:

https://www.fsairlines.net/downloads/FS ... .b2.xp.exe

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Post by Vjacheslav » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:19 pm

Thanks! the blackbox.xml now reading!
Happy New Year!

gcl
Ticket Agent

Post by gcl » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:02 pm

Thank you. I will check the new version next year ;-)
Wish you and all a good start into 2019.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 pm

Vjacheslav wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:19 pm
Thanks! the blackbox.xml now reading!
Happy New Year!
Great news! Today after reviewing a suspicious flight I checked the client code and found another bug that allows the flight to be started at altitude, I should have a b3 available today or tomorrow with a fix for that.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Client Beta 2.2.1.b3 Released

Post by joefremont » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:58 am

Beta 3 is now posted.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Client Beta 2.2.1.b3 Released

Post by joefremont » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:29 am

I have had some positive feedback on B3 so far. The pilot who reported the lower FPS has given positive feedback and the person with the suspicious flight has responded with what happened. He was not trying to cheat but did stumble on a way to possibly cheat. The changes in B3 would stop that situation but I have added a few more that should make it even more secure.

Unless there are any more issues 2.2.2 stable will be released this weekend and hopefully I won't have to release B4.