New Feature: Aircraft rentals and website update.

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

New Feature: Aircraft rentals and website update.

Post by joefremont » Sun May 21, 2017 2:14 am

Most of the features we add tend to have more benefit to the CEO and admins of the airlines than the pilots themselves, but now we are adding a feature where its for the pilots and not for the CEO.

You, as a private pilot, can rent an aircraft!

Lets say you want to go to the airport of your next assignment but you don't want to just buy a ticket (boring). Maybe you want to travel around the FSA world buy actually buying a personal aircraft is too expensive for you, besides who wants to get tied down to just one aircraft. Now we have a solution, you can just rent one! Here are the details.

* Wherever you are can now rent any aircraft you want, as long as it has entered service somewhere in the world, it just has to have proceeded past the prototype stage, yes that includes military aircraft that have never been used by airlines.
* You just pay by the hour, and fuel is included! No additional fees, minimum one hour.
* The number of hours is calculated by the maximum of 1) The amount of actual clock time between when you book the flight and when it finishes. 2) The flight time as reported by the flight simulator. 3) The distance traveled divided by the cruise speed.
* If you are a Gold or Platinum member then there is no charge for renting an aircraft (in terms of V$).
* You can only rent one aircraft at a time, and you have to be at the airport where the aircraft is located. If you book a flight on another aircraft or you move to a different airport, the rented aircraft is released. But this is not a problem, since you can always rent it again.

Part of this was inspired by the idea that if you want to fly outside the context of your VA, but you still want to record it on FSA, and you don't want to go through the hassle of earning the V$ through your VA and buying an aircraft, you can do that.

Other new website features:
- Pilot transfers between airports for Gold and Platinum members is now free (in terms of V$).
- Aircraft transfers of less than 100nm are also free, they still take the same amount of time.

This feature should be considered Beta at this point and I am not making it too visible on the site until it has been tested more. To get started go to your Personal Hanger on the website and then click 'Rent Aircraft' on the options menu on the right side.

Happy Flying.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Nutlang
Ticket Agent

Re: New Feature: Aircraft rentals and website update.

Post by Nutlang » Sun May 21, 2017 7:50 am

Hi Joe

a brilliant idea.. 8)
I like it

wings138
Flight Attendant

Post by wings138 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:18 am

Well, I have tried this and it worked great. I rented an aircraft and flew it around.

I do like the free part for us paying people, nice addition sense we lost the minimize for the right side bar.

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:26 am

Hi Joe,

Most excellent idea!

Regards,
Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:39 am

wings138 wrote:Well, I have tried this and it worked great. I rented an aircraft and flew it around.

I do like the free part for us paying people, nice addition sense we lost the minimize for the right side bar.
Thanks, what do you mean "we lost the minimize for the right side bar."?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

wings138
Flight Attendant

Post by wings138 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:26 am

joefremont wrote:
wings138 wrote:Well, I have tried this and it worked great. I rented an aircraft and flew it around.

Thanks, what do you mean "we lost the minimize for the right side bar."?
Don't you remember we could minimize the right side bar, we don't get that anymore. Not a big lost, just something I noticed.